Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Tap into mic wires c230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230WZ
Tap into mic wires c230

Any help with this thread?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/146879-tap-into-microphone-wiring.html
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM

2006 C230WZ
Found the mic in teh rear view mirror

But it still has more wires than I had hoped, I am assuming it is amplified or something.

From the mic it has the following wires:

Purple
Green
Yellow
Red
Brown
White Thicker

From that harness the wires go to a different harness and change color

Purple > Pink
Green > Purple
Yellow > Baby Blue
Red > Green
Brown > Orange
White Thicker > Blue

I do not even know where to begin on testing the wires to determine which to use to a 2 wire mic hook up. I do have a very good Ohm voltage meter but do not know what to look for. Any suggestions
Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dual-microphone array in your car is indeed amplified and has other processing to optimize it's performance with Teleaid and the factory Hands-Free system.

If I were you, I'd first try to use the microphone included with your PC because it was probably already optimized with your system. This is important because microphone gain and response are critical tuning parameters needed to acheive good VR performance. In other words, even if the factory MB micophone array is better than the one included with your system, your system may not be "tuned" correctly for it. Your time might be better spent doing a clean installation of the mic included with your kit.

In any event, the entire mirror assembly is a shop-level replacement part so internal diagrams do not exist for this part in the US. Your only hope for a print of the micophone array will likely be from the actual tier III supplier of the part.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:52 PM

2006 C230WZ
Ok thank you very much for your response. That was my fall back was to you a pc mic and maybe mount it in the vent. I have some friends from work donating 2 for me to try to see if I can get them small enough to mount some where un noticeable but still pic up a decent signal. I will keep everyone posted on the project!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just another hint: Mounting the microphone in or near a vent is a bad idea. The wind and fan noise will make it useless. Even the stock mirror location can be compromised if the AC vents are pointed up and the resulting air rushes over the face of the mics.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 PM

2006 C230WZ
I plan on making a small shroud for the mike and worse case i will just turn off the AC when i use bluetooth. Small price to pay for a hidden mic