Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

antenna repair or replace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antenna repair or replace?

Hello everyone,
My power antenna is stuck and won't retract.
After doing a search and reading various tips and solutions, I would like to know if someone has replaced his power antenna mast with a fixed one, like the SLK's.
I am curious if this is a simple mod, as opposed to replacing the mast on my 202.
Thanks.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:37 PM

I'm not sure if they are still available but it would be worth checking with your dealer's parts department. There used to be replacement masts made for the power antennas. No need to replace the entire power antenna unit.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Magic,
Thanks for your input.
I am thinking of getting a SLK fixed mast instead of replacing my power antenna mast. I would like to know if anyone has done this, and if this is just a simple swap of the mast.
If it's not as simple as I'd like to be, then I (like you said) will just try the dealers and get a replacement mast.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:06 PM

The SLK fixed antenna is mounted down the side of the rear fender. It has an extreme angle on the base where it mounted to the body. I can't remember if the antenna base angle is that extreme on 202. If it's not, mounting will be a problem.

Did you try surfing any German aftermarket companies for a direct 202 fixed replacement antenna? Look for antenna brands like Fuba, Wisi, and Hirshmann. They may have what you're looking for as they are all OEM suppliers. If the German market 202 had a base model fixed antenna you will most likely be in luck!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by MagicO309D
The SLK fixed antenna is mounted down the side of the rear fender. It has an extreme angle on the base where it mounted to the body. I can't remember if the antenna base angle is that extreme on 202. If it's not, mounting will be a problem.

Did you try surfing any German aftermarket companies for a direct 202 fixed replacement antenna? Look for antenna brands like Fuba, Wisi, and Hirshmann. They may have what you're looking for as they are all OEM suppliers. If the German market 202 had a base model fixed antenna you will most likely be in luck!
Thanks for pointing that out.
I didn't realize that the SLK base is indeed mounted on the side of the fender and not on the top like the 202.
I will look for those brands you mentioned and hopefully I can get a fixed mast replacement.