Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Best Speakers To Upgrande In My 2006 W211 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007-E350
one more question....what should i use for the rear speakers ? is my rce210 4" speakers ok for the back ?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240
If you decide on the 3-way system for your fronts, Quart has something called Add-a-Woofer. Where you can pick up just a 6.5" mid bass to put in your doors. That way you would have 6.5" in the door, 4" and tweets in the kick panel or somewhere nice. That would sound REAL good! Ask your local MB Quart dealer about it.

For me personally, placing the tweeters in the floor or kick panel offers the best path length difference (you will hear better stereo separation).

As far as the rear speakers, you can put the spare 4"-ers in there as long as you want it for rear fill only. But as most people have asked, why put a smaller speaker where you can fit a larger, more fulfilling speaker? I know, because you already have them. You might try to sell them on e-bay before you make any rash decisions.

When the list was made for good, high end speakers, why was a/d/s left off? I have competed with them and have won a few trophies. My current system under construction has all a/d/s speakers and amps. It's gonna be great!

Also, those looking for an interface, JL Audio makes a good one called the CleanSweep. Check out their website for more information.