Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ipod text display on Headunit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod text display on Headunit

I've got a 2006 CLK without COMAND, and it came with the Ipod Mini with the integration kit. When you use the Ipod it will show the song titles and you can control it from the steering wheel. I'm curious to know how it does it in the MB, because I have an integration kit that I just installed in my VW Touareg which has Navigation and steering wheel controls, and although it works fine and can be controlled by the steering wheel controls, I haven't been able to find any kit that will display text from the Ipod, ie song titles. I'd like to know what the MB system is doing that I would need to emulate in the Touareg. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by wsscott
I've got a 2006 CLK without COMAND, and it came with the Ipod Mini with the integration kit. When you use the Ipod it will show the song titles and you can control it from the steering wheel. I'm curious to know how it does it in the MB, because I have an integration kit that I just installed in my VW Touareg which has Navigation and steering wheel controls, and although it works fine and can be controlled by the steering wheel controls, I haven't been able to find any kit that will display text from the Ipod, ie song titles. I'd like to know what the MB system is doing that I would need to emulate in the Touareg. Thanks.
All of the requests are handled by the graphic function in the cluster. It is being sent out over CAN bus and handled by the cluster.

In 2007 the VW will have MOST across the range and then you will start seeing head unit and cluster displays in all cars not just MB or VW.

As the optical MOST function becomes more popular it will then also become more integrated with iPODS.

You will find however that developers will jump straight to iPOD movie and deal with that first.