Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Voice Control System (VCS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55, 07 GL450, 07 GMC Yukon, 06 Pontiac Vibe
Question Voice Control System (VCS)

None of the early GLs have the VCS. It would be nice to have to compliment the Bluetooth Technology. Some other model owners are retro fitting their cars with VCS since the puck is now out. I'm hearing that there will be a retro-fit for the GL and some are saying it has to be done at the time of manufacture. Of course my dealer has no clue. If anyone has a definitive answer I would be interested in knowing.

Thx.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
US spec cars used to be prewired for VCS systems...MBUSA however is removing more and more prewiring in their models and it seems that for the 2007 models they are leaving out even more prewiring then they did in 2006.

We added VCS to a 2007 SL550 last week and that car did not come with the VCS wiring from factory eventhough it did have the MHI phone installed from factory which is rather weird for an SL.

I am not sure to what extend the GL is suposed to be prewired for options like these but even if it does not have the VCS option prewired, it can still be installed (after adding the proper wiring)...

greetingz,
Old 06-27-2006, 03:46 PM

06 CLS55, 07 GL450, 07 GMC Yukon, 06 Pontiac Vibe
Thanks for info.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 PM

GL's without the VCS option are not prewired either. The VCS module is a spare part but you'll have to add wiring like you did for the SL installation. It's custom work that almost all dealers will decline.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Almost a Member!

I ordered a GL450 three weeks ago without knowing that the Voice Control system and Backup Camera were available. It was not until I received a call a few days later from my (awesome) dealer asking if I wanted to add these options for $500 each. Of course I said "hell yeah!". I asked the dealer if this would delay the build of my vehicle, they said no; although, I still don't have a build date.

It's funny that the MB website still doesn't list these as options in the vehicle configuator...and good luck finding any substancial Voice Control documentation there.