Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

164 ML500 dvd system install ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK55 cabrio, 2006 ML500
164 ML500 dvd system install ?

hi i just purchased a 2006 ML500 canadian with comand navigation and the optional sound system.
what i want to do is install two screens on the head rest of the front seats and add a dvd changer. can anyone please give me information on weather or not i can get my comand unlocked to have dvd play while in motion or atleast the comand model thats in my car so that i can do my own searches?? can someone recomend me a unit to hook up dvd to comand without a tuner? and if anyone has done this mod before what dvd changer would fit into the stock cd changers place? is there any place online that i can order a pre-built head rest or do i just go to the nearest mobile audio/video retailer/installer and have them do the custom job?? any advise or suggestions apreciated.

sorry i searched the forms but couldn't find what i am looking for and i'm not looking to swap out the comand for a european model.

thank you for any replies in helping me.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:39 AM

Try this

Try this, I have not tried them myself but looks like an interesting option.

http://www.headrestvideo.com/vsheadr...s/mlclass.html

J
Old 07-12-2006, 05:32 PM

2004 CLK55 cabrio, 2006 ML500
thanks for the link! unfortunately those do not work with motorized headrests as of now. and they look pretty much self contained, this can work but if possible i wanted it also intregrated with the comand.