Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Time For New Speakers w211 06/e350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007-E350
Question Time For New Speakers w211 06/e350

okay every one i posed a few months ago and was "thinking" of putting in my sound system but i just didnt follow through but now i am ready and here is what i got.....

1 pair mb quart qsd210 4" speakers

and 1 pair mbquart rce210 4"

jl audio 4 channel amp 300/4

jl audio 1 channel amp 500/1

1 12" alpine type r sub.

i was going to use all these items but after some research it just didn't make sense to go with 4" so im going to sell the qsd210 speakers 4" and get some 6 1/2 " speakers and keep the 4 inch for fill.

but i don't know what to get for the fronts once i sell the other speakers. i was thinking about keeping it all in the mb quart family but if i can get some thing better for the same price why not.so my question is what to buy ?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:32 AM

2007-E350
bump
Old 07-17-2006, 06:06 PM

I'm a Polk fan myself but use whatever speakers your ears like the best.

Regardless of brand, you're making the right choice by going 6 1/2" for the front doors (trust me). For the rear doors 4" will do. For the rear deck, an 8" sub will work great and give you more luggage space.

To take it to the next level, consider 6 1/2" separates for the front doors with Tweeters in the bottom of the A-Pillars. Use 6 1/2" coax in the rear doors. It's my favorite layout with an 8" sub in the rear hatshelf. You can also use a 12" sub ported through the rear hat-shelf. Just be carefull you don't blow out your sunroof!

Are you staying with the factory head unit? I'm not a big fan of the Logic7 but can get by as long as it is switched to standard mode.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Alpine Type R all the way around has a better sound and a better price.

Originally Posted by MR_560SEC
okay every one i posed a few months ago and was "thinking" of putting in my sound system but i just didnt follow through but now i am ready and here is what i got.....

1 12" alpine type r sub.

i was going to use all these items but after some research it just didn't make sense to go with 4" so im going to sell the qsd210 speakers 4" and get some 6 1/2 " speakers and keep the 4 inch for fill.

but i don't know what to get for the fronts once i sell the other speakers. i was thinking about keeping it all in the mb quart family but if i can get some thing better for the same price why not.so my question is what to buy ?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:24 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by MR_560SEC

1 12" alpine type r sub.

Head over to your local Alpine dealer and listen to X-type speakers with the pdx amplifier. They sound great and will sound even better in your car becasue the crossover gives the control needed to compinsate for the stock locations. Jl audio amps have a very Grainy sound and are very power hungry and mb quart speakers have a aluminum tweeter which makes for overpowering and sharp highs.