Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Adding Voice Module to 03 C320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 Convertible, 2009 Audi Q5 3.2
Adding Voice Module to 03 C320

Hi, I am in the process of upgrading my C320. I bought a Voice Control Module, fiber cable, and PTT Stalk recently. I installed it in the trunk but it isn't recognized. Is it safe to assume that a trip to the dealer to update the computer system is required? It did not come with instructions. I installed it based on what I learned on the forums and the internet. My next purchases are going to be a US Comand with Sat button and an Argo bluetooth module. I already have the Sirius module sitting in a box waiting. I hope a dealer visit isn't required because I will never set foot in the local dealership again. There are a couple shops an hours drive away though. My B service is due in abut 6000 miles, perhaps I'll do it then. By the way, while this is my first post, I find the information this forum and it's members offer very helpful and entertaining.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:02 AM

2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
I have a 04 C320. Bought the voice module, stalk, hands-free phone system (actually off of ebay) I believe from an '02 (not sure which model). Originally the dealer said it couldn't be done. I insisted they try and they did install it (was a bit pricey for install, I forgot but think it was in the $500-700 range). Does work like a charm and was a great mod (voice recognition for saying phone #'s is especially great (and safe while driving) plus you can have your address book voice recognized too).
Old 07-25-2006, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
I am sure you did not configure the fiber optic loop. Simply plugging the fiber into teh vcs unit will not make it work. Search this forum for configuring fiber loop.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:19 PM

You need to visit your dealer afterall. The system will not read the PTT switch unless your car's ring configuration programed with the diagnostic tool.