Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Becker Audio10 CD loading/unloading problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 2004 C230K 6-Sp-Manual Sedan Mars Red
Becker Audio10 CD loading/unloading problem

Hello,

Recently I installed a used Becker Audio10. However, after experiencing CD loading and unloading problem with the deck, I had to take it out. When I tested it, the CD player took the CD(the only time the player took a CD into it) but then it sounded like the player had problems loading the CD in. The player was making grinding an clicking noise. When I tried to eject the CD, the player made grinding noise but the CD would not come out. After a few failed attemps, I had to fish out the CD. After that, the deck would not take a CD anymore.

Does this deck loading mechanism fixable or is it fubared?

Thank you.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 S 420
Those cd mechanisms are subject to jamming if dropped hard during shipping. There's also a small white plastic part inside that will often break. If you shake the radio, can you hear anthing rattling around inside?

I can help you get it repaired or get a replacement mechanism. Email raye@perfectmarketaudio.com. You could have it checked out by a local shop to see what they think.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 2004 C230K 6-Sp-Manual Sedan Mars Red
Hi Sura,

Thank you for responding. When I shake the deck, no rattles. I am looking for small torx screw so that I can get the chassis open. Do I need a T-8 or T-6? It is hard to find one here at Lowe's or Home Depot.