Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Phone for C240

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Phone for C240

What is the minumum equipment need to get a phone to work with the C240? I seems like all you need is an MB Phone (which you can buy on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1375358769)
and the cable that plugs from the phone into the connector in the arm rest. Is all the wiring done already?
Old 08-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Yep, this will work - but you'll need about $1000. more in parts + installation labor to integrate it into your audio system + add about $450. more for voice control.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:11 PM

C240 2002
Re: Phone for C240

Originally posted by deanlnh
What is the minumum equipment need to get a phone to work with the C240? I seems like all you need is an MB Phone (which you can buy on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1375358769)
and the cable that plugs from the phone into the connector in the arm rest. Is all the wiring done already?

You need an installation kit ($600.00), a vehicle completer kit ($200), and a cradle kit ($200) appropriate to your specific phone. I’ve never done an install or watched one done but I’m told that it is very involved. As I understand it, the basic wiring is done in the US cars. Apparently, the majority of the hook-up work is done in the trunk where the controllers are installed and the wiring wired (sound pretty technical don’t I?). I have spoken to a couple of dealers in Massachusetts and they tell me that the install is a two and one half hour process (they charge upwards of $265.00). This is far more involved than simply buying a phone on ebay and plugging it in. Mercedes told me that they have 80 different model numbers for the V60 Motorola Phone. Each model number is specific to the carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) that the phone will work on. So you have to be careful about the model number of the phone you are buying to ensure that it will work specifically with the carrier you want to do business with.

Good luck!

**** Gleason