Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Harmon Kardon Vs. Std. Stereo on V221

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
74 450SL, 84 280SE, 07 S350 L
Harmon Kardon Vs. Std. Stereo on V221

What is the quality of the standard stereo (10 Speakers and 4x25w) on the new S class (v221)? I have seen the HK option on a CLS and was very impressed by its quality.
Last question if I order the HK option on my S class, will its rear speakers (rear window) be exposed or hidden?

Thanks

Habib
Old 09-17-2006, 01:10 AM

74 450SL, 84 280SE, 07 S350 L
Buy Harman Kardon

Hi

I spent many days researching standard stereos and HK systems. Go for the Harman Kardon option if you can. I tested to CLS cars each with one type of stereo, and the HK version is much much better.
I just hope the main speakers behind the rear windshield are covered on the V221 (Long W221). I think the HK system is standard in the US. If anyone can tell me or send a photo I would appreciate it.

Thanks

HR
Old 09-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK200K Avantgarde 06
HK definitely

I recently had CLK w209 06, i have option HK in it.
Apparently there are 10 speakers, and if u r looking for a surroundsound and no crispy sound then ur should go for HK , in my opinion it is a very good for DTS or surround sound. there is a program that u can convert all your sound and mp3 to surround and it sounds so much better.

But the minus part is that the bass is not as strong as BOSE. i have a friend he has class E and his car has a better bass compare to HK but id otn know if he has BOSE or not or just a standard one.

But i didnt regret to have the HK logic 7.

ohhh i heard u guys talk abt teh Hk in CLS, i recently saw on a CLS with HK that you can select EAX environment ( like concert hall, rock/pop, lounge etc ... ), i try to ask and no one can give me an answer bcos i wish i could have the EAX environment in my car too.

SO please if anyone know , let me know.

thank