Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W209 CLK (2003) Command 2.0 Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK (2003) Command 2.0 Questions

Hi there:

I have searched the forum and at times have run into conflicting information, I'd appreciate if somebody would be able to confirm the following things for me - I know there's many questions there but a simple "yes/no" would suffice for 1-3! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!

1. I can use either the A203 or A209 (c-class or clk-class) nav head unit without a problem. If I were to use the unit from the G-class, I may run into some issues.

2. I can use either the US or Euro version of Command (the only difference being the SAT/TV button and DVD functionality).

3. My car likely doesn't have the GPS antenna, so I can purchase an antenna with the command adapter and mount it above the instrument cluster.

4. **If I use the Euro version, there is no flashing/additional work required to get it to read the US Map CD's? (I'm in Canada, btw).

5. **Does the display in the instrument cluser display navigating instructions from Command?

6. **I know you can play Audio CD's with Command, but do you require the MAP CD in the drive constantly or only to initially download the map, and then it can be changed to an Audio CD?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tesla Roadster Sport
1. Yes
2. I believe some third party companies can activate the TV Blank button on US Comands.
3.Yes
4.Yes
5.Yes
6.If you put an Audio CD in the head unit you will only be able to play songs, no Navigation.. The map cd must be in the Nav unit, to use the navigation features of the unit.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing MB related (sorry)
Some additional info:

1. For the pre facelifted W209 CLK there is only one unit available: W203 CD-rom comand.

2. CD-rom comands do NOT have DVD capability by itself! 2004 US W203 comands can integrate with Sirius SAT radio. Euro comands and 2003 US W203 comands can NOT integrate with Sirius.

All W203 CD-rom comands can be versioncoded for TV - if you versioncode the 2004 US comand for TV / DVD, you will NO LONGER BE ABLE to integrate with Sirius SAT radio.

5. Only AFTER reprogramming the instrument cluster (activate nav.menu).

6. You could consider using the comand's slot for music CDs, but we recommend to use it for (original!) nav.CDs only. Music CDs can damage the nav.drive of the comand unit.

If you have a CD changer in your car, you should use that unit for music CDs.

greetingz,

BigSis