Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Phone Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Phone Options

Greetings, I have a question. From this forum I have learned of a new product coming down from AWS next month for 03 and 04 EClass cars to provide bluetooth with no other phone kit needed (i.e. puck with tail). AWS swears there is NO SUCH product and blamed the "internet" for spreading of rumors.

Anyways, aftering looking at my car my Command and MFD both show a phone function and ask me to "Insert Phone" where my 06 R Class simply says Phone NOT AVAILABLE and there is NO PHONE MFD menu at all (the E CLass has a MFD section for phone). Anyways, I am thinking that perhaps the PSE in my car is good for this rumored puck with tail.

Now, lets assume the puck with tail NEVER comes out... can I still go out and get a V60 cradle and the v60 puck and be bluetooth ready? What do I need to hook up the min setup for my car.... is it the connector plate, v60 cradle for the EClass.... or does the cradle part for the v60 include the "connector plate."

Thanks for the assistance.. and if MagicO309 is around.. hey man.. do you work for AWS and what other info can you give on this tail/puck deal?

Thanks
Peter
Old 09-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Nitro, hold out through October and wait for "Puck with Tail". Your car is equipped with CP211 Platform instead of PSE. The good news is that CP211 platform cars already have PSE functions built into the standard Teleaid control unit. "Puck with Tail" will take advantage of this capability with an integrated solution. While you could install a cradle and then a puck, it's not as cost or space efficient as simply using "Puck with Tail". BTW, cars equipped with CP211 platform include only MY03 and 04 211 and MY 04 220, it was a short run program for MB before the MY 2005 transition to MHI based systems.

If you decide to upgrade to digital Teleaid in the future, PWT will also be compatible with the upcoming digital CP 211 module.

Like the other accessory hands-free parts in the program, it's a DCAG/MBA developed part available through MB dealers or AWS. AWS and MB dealers can't yet comment on PWT because this information hasn't been released yet.

Funny you should ask, I'm actually not working for AWS yet. I've got two weeks to go with MBUSA (I took the package) and then I'll be working for AWS starting October 1. Anyway, I'll still be an MB fan, still be in the business (deeper than ever), and will try to help out everyone on this forum as best I can.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by MagicO309D
Nitro, hold out through October and wait for "Puck with Tail". Your car is equipped with CP211 Platform instead of PSE. The good news is that CP211 platform cars already have PSE functions built into the standard Teleaid control unit. "Puck with Tail" will take advantage of this capability with an integrated solution. While you could install a cradle and then a puck, it's not as cost or space efficient as simply using "Puck with Tail". BTW, cars equipped with CP211 platform include only MY03 and 04 211 and MY 04 220, it was a short run program for MB before the MY 2005 transition to MHI based systems.

If you decide to upgrade to digital Teleaid in the future, PWT will also be compatible with the upcoming digital CP 211 module.

Like the other accessory hands-free parts in the program, it's a DCAG/MBA developed part available through MB dealers or AWS. AWS and MB dealers can't yet comment on PWT because this information hasn't been released yet.

Funny you should ask, I'm actually not working for AWS yet. I've got two weeks to go with MBUSA (I took the package) and then I'll be working for AWS starting October 1. Anyway, I'll still be an MB fan, still be in the business (deeper than ever), and will try to help out everyone on this forum as best I can.
Looking forward to your help/clarification on this messy issue... Don't wait to be invited.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 PM

2003 E500
Thanks Magic. Any chance you have release date (besides October) and pricing????
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 PM

W211 / E280
Honestly, I would be truly worried abot buying anything from AWS.....

Honestly, I would be worried about ordeing anything from the idiots at AWS, I wrote an email with the basic description of the car I have on order and the phones I currently use:

From: tim@getaws.com [mailto:tim@getaws.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:09 AM
To: info@getaws.com
Subject: Fwd: Compatibility

Sorry I forgot to add beow that the hand phones I curently use are the following: Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and my wife has a Nokia N80. All of these phones are bluetooth capable.

Thanks

<xxxxxx@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Compatibility

HI,

I am writing in regard to the compatibity of your product "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module Model Year 2005 - 2007" and my new car due in next month. My new car is a 2006 E280 made in Germany and shipped over to SE Asia . The Mercedes special version code for the mobile phone package is "388" and is described as "Phone Mobile , MTUS-System". Is you BT interface compatible with this unit and will it work and if so, how much and how do I order and if not, then do you have a BT interface compatible with my system in my car?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Here is the response I got back:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Auto Wireless Solutions. We have received numerous inquiries from around the world regarding the Mercedes-Benz MHI Bluetooth interface products.

Unfortunately, the product is in very limited supply and we are unable to even satisfy our North American customers and dealers. At this time, I suggest you contact your Mercedes-Benz distributor in SE Asia for the availability of this product for your market. Each market has different vehicle specifications which may affect the performance of this product.

Also, the Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and the Nokia N80 are not Mercedes-Benz approved phones

Cheryl Kearney

Auto Wireless Solutions

248-609-2321 x230

8am-4pm EST

M-F

OK, supplies are tight but she is telling me either telling me in a polite way, we DO NOT WANT nor NEED your business OR we have no idea what Mercedes version code 388 is and we do not know anything about the compatiblity. Oh and to tell me that Mercedes does not recommend Siemens phones is like telling me the pope is NOT Catholic. Mercedes and Siemens have a great partnership, alliance and work together quite closely. The Siemens handphones actually have the same prefix as the Mercedes cars, ie. A series, M series, S series and SL series.

http://emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/22_Me...uet ooth.html
Old 09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
I probably shouldn't get in the middle of this but I think you are being a bit harsh. AWS is not one of my favorite places either, but I know they have a pretty good product and they are being overwhelmed by the response to it. Give them a little latitude...
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by NitroShredder
Thanks Magic. Any chance you have release date (besides October) and pricing????
Puck with Tail (PWT) is in final testing right now for approval. The way DCAG process works, I will not get final pricing until sign-off is complete and DCAG enters it in the parts system. From what has been discussed so far, retail price should be a little more for the PWT than the existing Puck. Continental Temic (they recently bought out Motorola's automotive electronics division) has completed an initial risk build on the part in France. This means that customer availability will be acheived very quickly after approval. I can't give an exact date but very late October should be possible since my Pro-Forma orders are specified with air shipment. As soon as the part is in MBUSA stock and dealers have been notified. I can also post the part number on this forum.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM

2003 E500
Hey Magic, any chance this could be a DIY or is it a dealer install only.

Thanx man.
Peter
Old 09-18-2006, 10:39 PM

It's more of a dealer install because the MOST bus needs to be prioritized for hands-free use. This requires the diagnostic tool. Otherwise, the mechanical installation is quite easy. Under your center console you will find a connector that matches the one on the new Puck. Route the wire, plug it in, and velcro the puck to the console floor.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Honestly, I would be worried about ordeing anything from the idiots at AWS, I wrote an email with the basic description of the car I have on order and the phones I currently use:

From: tim@getaws.com [mailto:tim@getaws.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:09 AM
Subject: Fwd: Compatibility

Sorry I forgot to add beow that the hand phones I curently use are the following: Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and my wife has a Nokia N80. All of these phones are bluetooth capable.

Thanks

<xxxxxx@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Compatibility

HI,

I am writing in regard to the compatibity of your product "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module Model Year 2005 - 2007" and my new car due in next month. My new car is a 2006 E280 made in Germany and shipped over to SE Asia . The Mercedes special version code for the mobile phone package is "388" and is described as "Phone Mobile , MTUS-System". Is you BT interface compatible with this unit and will it work and if so, how much and how do I order and if not, then do you have a BT interface compatible with my system in my car?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Here is the response I got back:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Auto Wireless Solutions. We have received numerous inquiries from around the world regarding the Mercedes-Benz MHI Bluetooth interface products.

Unfortunately, the product is in very limited supply and we are unable to even satisfy our North American customers and dealers. At this time, I suggest you contact your Mercedes-Benz distributor in SE Asia for the availability of this product for your market. Each market has different vehicle specifications which may affect the performance of this product.

Also, the Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and the Nokia N80 are not Mercedes-Benz approved phones

Cheryl Kearney

Auto Wireless Solutions

248-609-2321 x230

8am-4pm EST

M-F

OK, supplies are tight but she is telling me either telling me in a polite way, we DO NOT WANT nor NEED your business OR we have no idea what Mercedes version code 388 is and we do not know anything about the compatiblity. Oh and to tell me that Mercedes does not recommend Siemens phones is like telling me the pope is NOT Catholic. Mercedes and Siemens have a great partnership, alliance and work together quite closely. The Siemens handphones actually have the same prefix as the Mercedes cars, ie. A series, M series, S series and SL series.

http://emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/22_Me...uet ooth.html
MBUSA dealers cannot sell outside the US and AWS, as MBUSA's partner cannot either. It's a DCAG regional market issue and AWS is being polite.

Also, the US market Bluetooth devices are not tested and certified for use with Siemens handsets because they are not a force in the US.

Good news for you is that several flavors of UHI Bluetooth interfaces are now available for the rest of the world through their regional markets. This includes an SAP unit with privacy handset that is not for the US market. I've got the part numbers posted somewhere in this forum and you should be able to search SAP to find them!
Old 09-30-2006, 05:00 PM

Yet Another Bluetooth Phone Question

I have a 2002 w203 (c320) wagon. It appears ready to receive Bluetooth set, but not sure...

Here's the situation: center armrest (inside upper compartment) has a connector jack, center display says 'NO PHONE', I presently have Motorola V3 RZVR w/Cingular Service. BTW - OEM MBz Radio/6 CD Changer/Cassette head unit (NO COMMAND).

1) How can I ensure my vehicle is wired and has required components installed? (i.e. PSE, etc...)

2) Can I purchase V60 Cradle AND V60 Bluetooth Adapter from MBz, install myself and be 'good to go?'

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
2006 CLK500 bluetooth hands free

I am so confused as to the best solution to hands free for my 2006 CLK500
my car is prewired for phones. and I have telaid.
but no puck or jack in the center console. I do have the button controls on my steering wheel. but no antenna
from what I understand I have to have a hands free kit installed by mercedes then get a blue tooth adapter so I can use any compatible phone..
can somebody that knows the answers please help me.
if this is the way to go does anyone know the cost.
thanks

http://shopping.netsuite.com/core/me...fb6a52d175d692

http://wireless4mb.com/

Last edited by theteeman; 10-30-2006 at 07:23 PM.