Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

I just want a Stupid Phone for my 07 e350!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want a Stupid Phone for my 07 e350!

O.K. - this is really quite simple. Other threads talk about all the different compatability issues, etc. I just want to know what works. My new 07' E350 has everything needed except phone and cradle. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg - but want to leave a phone in the cradle at all times. BTW does it charge when the engine is off?.
I currently use NEXTEL/SPRINT - not supported.
So what is the best phone & cradle and best deal?.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Harley-Davidson
My Motorola E815 from Verizon works with the AWS cradle just fine, even though AWS said my software wasn't the correct one. The phone does NOT charge when the ignition is off. The selection of cradles and phones for our cars is very limited, but it does work better than BlueTooth in weak signal areas. If your Nextel/Sprint phone is BlueTooth capable, it may still be your best bet.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 AM

If you want to stay with Spring/Nextel:
There is a dedicated Sprint cradle solution for your car. You'll need to get these parts from your MB dealer: V60 MHI Cradle (BQ6820988) and V60x handset (BQ6820888). Although the handset is a bit old, it's E911 compatible so Sprint will activate it. You'll also get deeper integration and better performance than possible with any Bluetooth solution too. (If you plan on keeping two handsets, one to carry one for dedicated car use, you can also save significant cash on your monthly Sprint/Nextel bill by placing the additional MB handset on a family plan with your current phone. The monthly savings will quickly help you recover the high price of the MB handset.)

If you want to switch carriers:
Check www.wireless4mb.com for cradle solutions for your car. There are MHI cradles and certified compatible phones for Cingular, T-Mobile, and Verizon and you can simply buy them and activate them online while you are at the site.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK 350
Originally Posted by knbcpab
O.K. - this is really quite simple. Other threads talk about all the different compatability issues, etc. I just want to know what works. My new 07' E350 has everything needed except phone and cradle. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg - but want to leave a phone in the cradle at all times. BTW does it charge when the engine is off?.
I currently use NEXTEL/SPRINT - not supported.
So what is the best phone & cradle and best deal?.
The link below is for a minimalist BT installation. BTW, I have a Sprint Treo650 my wife a Cingular SE T637 and both work fine. Being BT, you can expect reconnecting (pairing) once in a while. The factory BT in our '06 Lexus is not perfect either. Since we have 7 cars and 5 drivers, cradles just don't work for us.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171...sfree-slk.html

Last edited by CalifSLK; 09-22-2006 at 10:09 PM.