Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W211 Euro COMAND 2.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
G550, S550, E300
Unhappy W211 Euro COMAND 2.0

Recently bought a Euro COMAND off ebay for my CLS55 thinking to myself... Finally... i can play my music videos! Sweeeet...

Followed the instructions and installed it w/o any problems. Started it up and popped in my dvd. Instead of seeing the menu screen, it shows DVD ERROR.
At that moment, i flashed back to the moment where i just picked up my Range Rover HSE from the Audio Shop where i got my system installed. I had gotten a tuner installed along with a dvd player hooked up to my stock unit. I popped the DVD into the ALPINE dvd player and i got the same message. The day after i ripped out the ALPINE 5210 and installed a simple, less expensive CLARiON player that played all burnt DVD's.

Has anyone been able to play burnt dvds on their Euro COMAND? If so, can you tell me what brand dvd u're using, what software, what burner and what speed? I've tried various combinations and have yet to succeed.

Another disappointment that i'm having with my euro comand dvd player is when i turn off the car and start it again, it does not resume at the same position it was playing at before i turned off the car -- it starts all over again to the menu page.

Are all of the EURO COMANDs like that? Can it be fixed?

Euro Comand's a big disappointment so far...

SIGH...
Old 11-01-2006, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL350
All i play is burned DVDs the more expensive media playes better.Verbatim,Ridata..Most of the stuff transcoded also with NERO.When you burn ,just burn on a low speed,max 4x
I would say try these first and if it doesnt help you might just have to flash the comand..I have the software for that.
Good luck!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55
"Flash the Comand"? What software upgrades are available? Can these be applied by mere mortals? Is there a list of problems and release notes describing solutions and software versions to address any known issues?

Thanks,
Claudio