Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Digital TeleAid Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 / S430 / E320
Digital TeleAid Upgrade

Just had my dealer perform the upgrade of my analog Teleaid to digital Teleaid in my 2004 S. Works much better. Nice to see they addressed the analog issue well in advance of the pending discontinuance of analog cell phone service.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220.170/Beech Bonanza/1964 Mercury 427 convertible/ Old Chevy Pick-Up
I would love to say I too, have the digital conversion completed on my W220, but it seems that my 2000 model with the 'two-piece' Tele Aid set-up that is not included in the D2B loop, is inelegible for the conversion using the digital Tele Aid control module, listed under part number BQ 482 0123.

Has anyone explored the possibility of converting the two-piece set-up to the one-piece, with inclusion in the D2B fiber-optic loop? After a quick review of the wiring diagrams, it looks like the most challenging part would be replacing the D2B "light pipes" from the COMAND to the trunk with ones that include the Tele Aid control module under the rear seat. Am I in a dream world, by thinking such a task could be completed? Please don't tell me that Tele Aid is a rip, or ask why I would even bother. To be honest, I've even looked at converting my car to OnStar, if I can't keep the Tele Aid going.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Originally Posted by NJS430
Just had my dealer perform the upgrade of my analog Teleaid to digital Teleaid in my 2004 S. Works much better. Nice to see they addressed the analog issue well in advance of the pending discontinuance of analog cell phone service.

I was wondering if they would do that...how much did the dealer charge? I'm considering that upgrade as well as bluetooth and voice command.