Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Navagating while listening to six pack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230 Coupe
Navagating while listening to six pack

When I ordered my COMAND system, I figured that I could listen to music off the CD changer while having the moving map displayed on the COMAND.

Haven't got my car yet, (on-order) but a buddy of mine says you can't do both at the same time... the COMAND can either navagate or playing the six pack, BUT NOT DO BOTH at the same time.

I can understand that if you're running a single CD in the COMAND system, but if you've got the nav CD in the COMAND and the external factory six pack... is it true that you still can't listen to music off it AND display the navagation maps at the same time?????????

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:32 PM

2000 CLK 320
with the regular COMAND 2.0, you can listen to the CD changer, or six pack (like the beer ), and use the navigation at the same time. I'm sure future COMAND systems will be like that. I assume that your COMAND system is the regular one as the DVD based COMAND hasn't come out yet.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Your friend is confused. As funky102 says you can navigate and use the 6 CD changer (or any other input source)

You are right in your assumption that you can not use the single-cd slot to listen to music whilst navigating. In fact on the S/CL comand (2.5) the CD slot cant play music at all.

R
Old 09-09-2002, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
The navigation will work nomatter what you are using whether it is the phone, voice control, tape, CD player, radio, etc. The only way Comand will not work is if you take out the Comand disk, aside from that, it will work regardless of any features that you are using.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:50 PM

C 230 Coupe
Thumbs up THANKS GUYS

Great!!

Thanks for the info.

I've actually been losing some sleep over that. In my home town a COMAND runs $4,220.00 (and with taxes nearly five grand albeit CDN$), and the thought of having put that down but not being able to run the nav and six pack at the same time was giving me a lot of grief.

I was through the local BestBuy electronics store two days ago, and I realize that for what I forked over for the COMAND, I could have bought a 60" HDTV.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll worship that car... when it finally comes in that is.

Thanks again guys!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:48 AM

2000 CLK 320
It says in your profile that you have/bought a C 230 Coupe. What percentage, in prices, is the COMAND system you mentioned, in relation to the price of the car you bought?
Old 09-10-2002, 09:58 PM

C 230 Coupe
Ugh. Math.

What are you an Actuary?

Well, lets see here. Remember I'm in Canada, that means prices are cheaper (adjusted to currency difference) but there's no free service like in the US.

All prices in Canadian (coversion factor as of today is 1.53, so divide by 1.53 for US$)

Base car (auto) $37K Can$

Comand $4255

So comand is 11.5% of the basic car.

Now I've loaded it up with leather, sunroof, Bose, six pack, blue paint and rain sensor, which adds to the tally and dilutes the Comand's impact.

I know any way you slice it, it's a preposterous ratio, but I figured what the hell. I can't think of a better toy to have. And in the long run, it's cheaper than a mistress. That's what I told my wife anyway.

Still, the most expensive part of the car in Canada is not an option but a mandatory extra charge: SALES TAX of $7,275!
"Say what?"