Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Rockford 3sixty or JL cleansweep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E 500
Talking Rockford 3sixty or JL cleansweep

Does anyone have any experience with these products. Are they overpriced line out converters? What is everyone here using that doesn't want to change the stock head unit?
Old 11-12-2006, 09:18 AM

C32 AMG
New member to this forum and first post. Just purchased a 2002, C32 with less than 25K on it a few weeks ago and whilst I love the car, the factory Bose system is not the best to put it mildly. One of my local shops recommended installation of the JL Audio Cleansweep DSP, which would allow retention of the factory head, CD changer and steering wheel controls. I would still need to install upgraded speakers, sub, and two Amps to run the system. They want $500 to $600 for the installation and $300 for the Cleansweep, plus whatever you want/need to spend on the front and rear speakers, sub etc. All in all you are probably not going to get away with less than $2000+
Is it worth it, and has anybody else gone this route?
According to several other shops I have spoken with in the area, which are few and not very sophisticated in this part of SW Florida, installing an aftermarket head unit in this vehicle is a nightmare. One even stated that Mercedes has used fiber optic cabling in their cars since 2001 which is extremely difficult to work with and also, the wiring for the factory audio system is somehow tied in with the climate control system. Any comments/confirmation?
What Cleanseep does:- http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4371.html
Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 S600....Naked
They are both good products for factory integration.....I am going with the JL clean sweep in my '03 S class. Take note that in some Mercedes you will also need the JL audio signal summing unit that goes with the clean sweep. The Rockford 3 sixty v1 does not have this...but the 3 sixty v2 does, and is very nice. The JL is easier to setup.....the Rockford is Bluetooth via a Palm pilot to program and adjust only. Really it is a crap shoot between them. Really it comes down to which ever your local installer feels more comfortable working with. Take note.....AudioControl also makes a new product that does both cleaning and summing in one unit, I hear it is also nice.

Chris
Old 11-16-2006, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
Get the CleanSweep for seamless integration with the COMAND like I did. I have a very simple system with a couple of amps, subs, & excellent speakers that sounds awesome. I can have the H/K factory crap put right back in place easily when my lease is up. No muss, no fuss.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:30 AM

2003 E 500
I bought the 3sixty. Now I just need to buy a compatible palm pilot. It seems to have more flexibility from what I've read. I got a really good deal so I guess I'll just have to see what happens. Easy I see you're right down the road from me, what kind of stereo are you planning. I have a really good installer if you're interested.