Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

EIS Argos Bluetooth Adaptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220.170/Beech Bonanza/1964 Mercury 427 convertible/ Old Chevy Pick-Up
EIS Argos Bluetooth Adaptor

I've nearly decided that the Argos Bluetooth adaptor is the best choice in a phone solution for my 2000 S430. I have been collecting the bits for the factory installation and may just try both set-ups.

In addition to the Argos, I've been looking at a few items on the SmoothTalker website. First, the model BTHV3IA (with external cell phone antenna connector) cradle for the Moto Razr. It appears to be the same cradle found on the eurocarphone site, only cheaper. I would like to install this cradle in the console using the prewired antenna coaxial cable to the bumper-mounted antenna. I planned to keep my TeleAid operative by using the MB dual-band antenna switcher. Another addition I would like to include is a 3 watt booster amplifier mounted in the trunk. Is that what the MB "compensator" is???

Does anyone have any input on these products? Who's got the best cellphone installation and what does it include?
Old 12-03-2006, 12:38 AM

2002 C32 AMG, 1991 SL500 AMG sport
Argos

I have had the argos in my 02 C32 for about 3 weeks now. I did quite a bit of research before buying. It works about 50 percent of the time. 25 percent it doesnt recognize the Argos unit. Another 25 it doesnt link back up . The 50 percent it does work the clarity if the calls is very poor on the end of the one you are talking to. Thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 12:12 PM

W220.170/Beech Bonanza/1964 Mercury 427 convertible/ Old Chevy Pick-Up
Have you asked the Argos people about this? Do they offer any solutions? Would they let you return it? Do you want to return it? Do you have a feel for their support?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E500
The Argos has a 30 day money back guarantee.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM

2002 C32 AMG, 1991 SL500 AMG sport
Argos

Tried support. They are out of the country until Dec 10. Think I might just ship it back certified for a return. They just dont have the technology down yet. No noise cancellation or anything from what im getting. Would like others feedback who is using Argos. My car is prewired for factory telephone. Think Ill just install factory bluetooth.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:23 AM

2006 SLK350, Auto, Premium, Entertainment, Lighting, AMG Sport Pkg, Designo Pkg (Graphite)
I purchased the Argos for my 2003 C240 about six months ago. The installation was a bit of a challenge (the fiber-optic cables were labeled differently in my vehicle for some reason). After it was installed I ran into issues with the Bluetooth connection between the Argos unit and my cellphone - they would sometimes stay connected, but more often then not would disconnect and reconnect randomly. To make a long story short, the problem ended up being my cellphone and not the Argos unit. (I have a Sony Ericsson phone.) I exchanged my phone (luckily it was still under warranty and was able to exchange for a nominal fee) and since then it has been working fine. No random disconnections etc. I also found that if I turn the Bluetooth feature on myphone before entering my car the Argos and my phone link automatically without any problems about 98% of the time.

Hope this helps. Good luck.