Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Harmon Kardon crackling

Old 01-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
Harmon Kardon crackling

Help - I just brought my 2007 CLK350 home last night. On the way to work this morning I was setting the radio and filling up my CD changer in the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo... As soon as I turned the volume up to a reasoable level I noticed a crackling sound coming out of ALL the speakers. I tweaked the balance and fader to isolate sound to each speaker; initially thought it was just the front left, but found that all speakers crackled. Does it in all modes (surround, speech, etc.) Obviously getting ready to call dealership, as the vehicle has 28 miles on it! But was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems or could prepare me for what to expect from the dealer.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Hk

I just got back my E270 CDI wagon from the shop, I can tell you we have searched for exactly two years for the same problem, crackling noisy sounds as if the cd was full of scratches, but in all modes, cd,radio,dvd,tv,mp3 and the dealer has changed almost all components involved in the system until last week the repairguy opened up the roof liner in the back of the car and found the wires to the two discant speakers found up there completely severed by a screw holding up the left side roof liner. Obviously it was a fault from the factory...
After two years I can finally enjoy the Harman sound system it's all like a new car again...!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM

2008 C300 4-matic
Question Same Problem

Originally Posted by JS000
Help - I just brought my 2007 CLK350 home last night. On the way to work this morning I was setting the radio and filling up my CD changer in the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo... As soon as I turned the volume up to a reasoable level I noticed a crackling sound coming out of ALL the speakers. I tweaked the balance and fader to isolate sound to each speaker; initially thought it was just the front left, but found that all speakers crackled. Does it in all modes (surround, speech, etc.) Obviously getting ready to call dealership, as the vehicle has 28 miles on it! But was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems or could prepare me for what to expect from the dealer.

Thanks!
Hi, I just bought a certified used 08' c300 last week, and this morning my speakers started doing exactly what you described. Did you ever get your problem resolved? Taking mine in tomorrow, and would like to have a little knowledge to pass along to Service Advisor on this issue. Car is still under New Car warrenty, so I believe it should be a covered fix!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 AM

2007e350
Originally Posted by Golfergirl007
Hi, I just bought a certified used 08' c300 last week, and this morning my speakers started doing exactly what you described. Did you ever get your problem resolved? Taking mine in tomorrow, and would like to have a little knowledge to pass along to Service Advisor on this issue. Car is still under New Car warrenty, so I believe it should be a covered fix!
I'm having the same issue with my newly acquired 2007e350. Curious if you had found any solution?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:28 PM

2008 C300 4-matic
Miraculously it fixed itself. The next morning when I started the car, the sound was perfect. It hasn't happened again since the day I posted. I do believe that it is a wire somewhere and that it has somehow connected again at least for the time being. I also believe it will be covered by the warranty. Good luck and please let me know how you'd turns out.
Good luck!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Just recently got an '08 C300 and now I'm having this issue as well. I'm out of warranty so I want to make sure when I take it in to get fixed I have a good idea of what to tell them so I can save some time/money. For me it only does it on the satellite setting though.