Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Head Unit and/or Speaker Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 6spd
Question Head Unit and/or Speaker Problems

I have the original HU form the factory with the MB 6 disc changer installed after I got the car. I started getting some bass fluttering and static from the front speakers only last week and took it to the dealer. The tech cleaned and refitted the connections for the fibre optic cables and re-installed the software. It worked for a bit, but now I am getting some more static and it seems as if the tape drive is trying to engage - I do not have any cassettes. Has anyone else had similar problems? Does this sound like a HU problem or speaker problem? Thanks.

This is also posted in the W203 forum.

Scott
Old 09-21-2002, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
haven't heard of that problem before... a few times about the antenna and the such, but never about the tape deck

i don't know about you, but if after the 1st attempt at your MB dealer, my MB dealer would just swap out my HU with a new one.

Anything/everything i complain about, they just replace it with new units and i mean EVERYTHING
Old 09-21-2002, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 6spd
I had the front speakers replaced this past week. So far, no problems. As for the tape deck thing - I am not sure if I am just hearing things. Have not heard it since.