Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Warning About Ordering Bluetooth Puck From Auto Wireless Solutions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
jnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Warning About Ordering Bluetooth Puck From Auto Wireless Solutions

Folks -- Yesterday I went online and ordered the V60 bluetooth puck to enable me to use a newer phone than my old motorola in my benz from Auto Wireless Solutions, the "authorized" MB online ordering folks.

The online site listed the price at $250. I got a call from them in which they tried to sell me other stuff and told me that it was not returnable under virtually any circumstance, but then confirmed my order verbally. After that, I got an e-mail sales order back from them saying that the order had been confirmed and, among other things, listing the price again at $250.

Today I got another e-mail confirming shipment, but the price was now $380. When I called, I got the run around -- "they just changed the price" etc. What I did not get was what I clearly expected -- them to stand behind their sales.

I would be very careful about these folks -- you don't even really know where they are located -- given the "this is completely non-refundable" stuff and the fake pricing. The product may be ok, but I would get it from a dealer and avoid these guys like the plauge.

Last edited by jnr; 02-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:29 PM

2003 CL600
You should claim a fraudulent charge on your credit card. Show them that they sent you emails confirming the $250 price, then charging you the $380. Might be able to get a break that way.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by mikracer
You should claim a fraudulent charge on your credit card. Show them that they sent you emails confirming the $250 price, then charging you the $380. Might be able to get a break that way.
I agree Just don't pay. That's all... don't recieve the item when it ships either.They will have to take it back if it's not signed for.
I don't know how this happened, usually you know exactly what the total charges are before you give them your credit card. My transaction was by phone and went smooth as silk.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 PM
jnr

Got sale cancelled

I was able to get the sale cancelled before the item shipped. I am still peaved about the bait and switch. I still need the item, so I will get it from my local dealer for less than the "new" price they tried to charge.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The price changing is not ethical & definitely contestable with your credit card issuer. You will always win over the merchant, even if the card issuer eats it to retain you as a customer. (I am a retailer. These ARE the facts.)

Actually I believe these are the people who are authorized to handle all the phone hardware biz and book new service or transfers, etc for MBUSA. They sell at list price so as not to compete with the dealer. (Who they are probably selling to at wholesale.) The price at the dealer is negotiable depending on how nice you are to the parts counter guy. If you specify the set up when you order the car, the price is very negotiable with the Salesman so he can make the deal. (They know what they can buy the stuff for VS how bad they want to sell you the car.)

All things being equal, as long as the dealership isn't being a pig & selling it to you at list, I'd rather give the sale to the dealership.