Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2007 ML Homelink Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 BLUETEC/2012 SLK350/2000 C280/1972 28SE
2007 ML Homelink Problems

Has anyone else had problems with the Homelink garage door opening system on the 2007 ML? It has nothing to do with the garage door itself as it works just fine with my other Mercedes. If I'm lucky, I might be able to open the garage door if I'm with a foot of it; usually it doesn't do anything. I've reprogrammed all three buttons on several occasions with no effect. Right now, my MB dealership has swapped out the mirror assembly and still no improvement.

I'd be interested in relaying any comments to my dealership for troubleshooting so I can get this fixed.

Thanks.

Glenn
Old 02-18-2007, 10:08 AM

E500
Do you have the P3 package? Included with the 3-zone climate control is infrared reflecting glass. It significantly attenuates the signal unless the vehicle is angled v the garage receiver so that the signal can pass through the areas for EZ pass or radar detector to the left and right of the mirror. I can also operate it from 100 feet away when the vehicle is perpandicular to the garage. The signal will pass through the side glass.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:33 AM

2013 ML350 BLUETEC/2012 SLK350/2000 C280/1972 28SE
Originally Posted by e500
Do you have the P3 package? Included with the 3-zone climate control is infrared reflecting glass. It significantly attenuates the signal unless the vehicle is angled v the garage receiver so that the signal can pass through the areas for EZ pass or radar detector to the left and right of the mirror. I can also operate it from 100 feet away when the vehicle is perpandicular to the garage. The signal will pass through the side glass.
Thanks for the heads-up and I have to admit I never thought about the infrared glass. I do have the P3 package and what you suggest makes total sense. If that truly is the case that the IR glass screws up the signal, MB better do a redesign of the system post haste or they're going to have a lot of unhappy people.

Glenn