Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Trouble installing ice>Link in 2002 S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S500
Trouble installing ice>Link in 2002 S500

Hello,
I'm trying to install an ice>Link Plus unit in my 2002 S500, and I can't seem to get it working. I've searched the forum, but based on what I've read, I think I have everything set up correctly. Any help/ideas on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, my iPod is showing the ice>Link menu, but COMMAND cannot find the CD changer, and there is no sound coming from the radio.

Details:

I had successfully installed this same ice>Link unit in my previous car, a 1999 E55. I think the same unit should work for the 2002 S500. It is labeled "Audio 10 - Audio 30 APS, Command 2."

I tested the CD changer before disconnecting it, and everything was working properly.

I hooked up the power cables as follows:

Ice>Link TO System:
Black TO Brown
Blue TO Blue w/Black stripe
Red TO Red w/Yellow stripe

Fiber wires are connected white to red, red to white as follows:

Ice>Link RX TO a wire going into amp labeled Sound/CDC Out
Ice>Link TX TO a wire labeled CDC Out.

These are the same wires the changer was using.

I went into COMMAND diagnostics by pressing MUTE + 1+ 3. DB2 Wake Up status shows CDC unchecked, but all other devices checked. At first I was getting error code N1111 No data transfer between D2B master and D2N component. Later I got N1113 No D2B data transfer possible, position can not be located.

I tried a system reset, but that didn't help.
Attached Thumbnails Trouble installing ice>Link in 2002 S500-icelinkinstall.jpg