Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Reus Systems SL Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reus Systems SL Review

We all know it, the Bose blows. After getting the SL, I was very dissapointed in the sound system, especially considering I could buy a car for less than half the price and get a much better sound quality. The stock SL system has no highs, and no lows. It had to go!
The problem was, I didn't want to change the look of the SL and I didn;t want to loose trunk space - there isn't that much of it to start with. I heard of Reus and decided to find our more. Just search on this board and you will see lots of good feedback.
The system for the SL takes up very little space - in fact you probably won't even notice it. They add amps for power, a subwoofer and upgrade other speakers, including some tweeters. You won't see any difference form inside the cockpit. You loose very little trunk space - the floor comes up a bit, maybe 1 - 2in.)
The sound quality is unbelievable. This is definately the best sound system I have ever owned, and I have spent thousands on sound systems before this one. The system cleans up the mid-range (it wasn't too bad with the Bose to start) and adds highs and lows. The subwoofer is great with detailed base that digs very low, but is not boomy. Sound stage is excellent and mid-range clarity are right up there.
The service from Rick, Cliff and the guys was first class. They'll come to you for the install - you might have to chip in on their airfare. It's worth it. Install takes about 3 hours or so. They are very careful and provide a very clean instal.
If your thinking of upgrading your SL audio system, you really need to look in to Reus.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E63
How much did it cost you?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550
Yes, how much did it cost? Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally Posted by SDSL500
How much did it cost you?