Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command Issue, Sat Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-500, C230 SP,
Command Issue, Sat Radio

Dear Team,
I have had my ML-500 for 3 months now and I truly love pretty much everything about it. Ok, mainly the motor!

I have a frustrating issue that has only recently come up. When I start my car now, the SAT radio defaults to the Bluegrass Channel, which is CH 65. I have no idea why. It is not a preset and it used to always start with the last channel I was listening to. (The manual says it will always do that, not mine!) Now as an Aussie, I am not even sure what Bluegrass is, but it seems to involve Banjo's and West Virginia, but at any rate this is driving me nuts. My sales and the service guy could not work it out. I reset the system but same result.

Any help would really be appreciated. I am losing my mind.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
You mean to tell me that great Aussie band "Hardrive with Nick Dear" is not one of your favourite Bluegrass acts?

This problem can have a number of causes. A defect in the Agere baseband chip comes to mind. There is a 256K flash memory that should retain the last station attached to that chip. If the baseband chip is listening to data not intended for it on the MOST bus, permanent Bluegrass can be the result.

The dealer cannot repair the SDARS receivers. They can only replace them. There are a couple of things to check in addition to replacing either the HU or the SDARS. Are the components in the MOST fiber optic ring in the correct order? Is the fiber from the HU (head unit) to the SDARS (Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service) properly connected, and not kinked, smashed, broken, or dirty? Are the MOST ring components properly configured using a Star Diaganosis laptop connected to the OBDII port?

I hope you are under warranty, or you may wish to develop a taste for mandelin and banjo.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-500, C230 SP,
Thanks Mate,

Actually I'm a big INXS and Midnight Oil fan. Looks like a trip to the dealer. I am under warranty thank God.

Your help is much appreciated!