Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help

Ok had an aftermarket stereo in the car and it got stolen. To make a long story short I went to reinstall everything back to OEM speakers and I cant do it. The installer that did it at the shop left and now that shop will not work on the car. So I was wondering if anyone has any knowladge on this subject. The NAV screen turns on and it will play a CD but i cannot go through the tracks or turn it to AM/FM or anyhting. Basicaly the only things that work is the power button and the volume. Their is 1 wire that is not connected it has the letters AMP on it but i cannot figure out where it goes any info or any leads to this would be very helpful thankyou
Old 03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Kevin, it would help if you listed the year and model of your car BOTH in the post. Many of us do that on our user control panel, so it shows in all of our posts.

With your screen name, I presume your car is an E55.

The phone bulletins on Paul H. Dick's site at http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsit..._bulletins.htm indicate that for the D2B fiber optics equipped cars, the CD changer electrical connectors are a 3-pin connector on the back. I have never seen the installation in an E55, but suggest you check the back of your changer and see that three wires are indeed connected to the wire harness. If they aren't, look for the third wire, which should be in the same bundle as the other two. That is likely where your odd wire connects.

It is possible that the installer cut that wire to shorten it for the other installation; if you don''t see it, follow the other two wires back until you come across it.

Unfortunately, the phone bulletins do not show the CDC installation in the '04 and later E=Class.

If someone who does installations for a living tells you something other than this, take their advice instead of mine; again, I have never seen the setup on an S55.

Last edited by Skylaw; 03-26-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its an 00 e55 and in the back of the nav their are 2 wire harnesses also their is a wire with a gray plug the cd player wire the amp wire and another misc wire harness the whole back of the headunit has no more spots for any other misc wires and on the car was a whole re wire so nothing was cut and if it was their will be hell to pay