Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Stereo in CLK63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s, 2021 E63s Estate
Stereo in CLK63

Does anyone have any links to schematics or anything for this system?

It's got the HK but the HK sucks. My last vehicle had a custom MB Quart setup, and the HK just lacks in comparison.

I want to replace most of it (save for the stock NAV, as it's got Sirius and BT built in), but I hate giving money and my vehicle to installers that only half-way know what they're doing. I figure if anyone that only half knows what they're doing is going to work on it, it's going to be me
Old 05-11-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueClk63
Does anyone have any links to schematics or anything for this system?

It's got the HK but the HK sucks. My last vehicle had a custom MB Quart setup, and the HK just lacks in comparison.

I want to replace most of it (save for the stock NAV, as it's got Sirius and BT built in), but I hate giving money and my vehicle to installers that only half-way know what they're doing. I figure if anyone that only half knows what they're doing is going to work on it, it's going to be me
What are you looking to do? I am a professional installer in Orlando area and I can try and help you the best I can via email. My site is www.TheBestAudioandVideo.com and my email is Sean@TheBestAudioandVideo.com

Talk to you soon - Sean
Old 05-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s, 2021 E63s Estate
Originally Posted by CobaltKicker
What are you looking to do? I am a professional installer in Orlando area and I can try and help you the best I can via email. My site is www.TheBestAudioandVideo.com and my email is Sean@TheBestAudioandVideo.com

Talk to you soon - Sean
Hi Sean,

I have a JL 500.1 and a 12w6v2 right now. I'm looking to pick up a 300.2 and some MB Quart Q series components for the front, and leave the back running off the stock amp. I'm going to need a custom box done for the trunk though, so maybe you can help with that. I'm not sure if there's enough room or not.

I don't know how to interface into the damn head unit on this car. There's virtually nothing available regarding schematics, or interfaces.. I heard someone was making a fiber optic line out converter, but nothing has come from that...
Old 05-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlueClk63
Hi Sean,

I have a JL 500.1 and a 12w6v2 right now. I'm looking to pick up a 300.2 and some MB Quart Q series components for the front, and leave the back running off the stock amp. I'm going to need a custom box done for the trunk though, so maybe you can help with that. I'm not sure if there's enough room or not.

I don't know how to interface into the damn head unit on this car. There's virtually nothing available regarding schematics, or interfaces.. I heard someone was making a fiber optic line out converter, but nothing has come from that...
Here's an example of something that you need, this way you can retain use of all factory steering wheel controls, and in-dash head-unit controls and still add amps: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZvfAUjt...0&I=5753SIXTY2

I just installed one of these on a CLK63 AMG and added 3 amps. No Problem, Ran new wires, etc. to the doors, rear deck and dash for the tweeters, but came out great while still retaining all factory functions.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 S500, 05 Jeep GC, 06 Acura TL, 04 BMW 530i, 98 Jag xk8,
Get in touch with Pete ( 55fanatic ) . I know he knows his Car audio well. Hes also selling selling a JL 300.2 amp and I think he has a w6 also. I dont think you need that judging from your post. But im sure he can help you.

Ive got all my car audio Running off the stock Head unit in my ML. 2 amps. 1 for the sub and 1 for the speakers.

Factory Units will give you that wine in your speakers though if its not wired right. I have to get a Clean Sweep to get rid of that. Not saying mine wasnt wired right. Its just that I wanted to keep my stock head unit and thats what happened
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Riffyb
Get in touch with Pete ( 55fanatic ) . I know he knows his Car audio well. Hes also selling selling a JL 300.2 amp and I think he has a w6 also. I dont think you need that judging from your post. But im sure he can help you.

Ive got all my car audio Running off the stock Head unit in my ML. 2 amps. 1 for the sub and 1 for the speakers.

Factory Units will give you that wine in your speakers though if its not wired right. I have to get a Clean Sweep to get rid of that. Not saying mine wasnt wired right. Its just that I wanted to keep my stock head unit and thats what happened
...the best way to go is my suggestion. A JL Audio clean sweep WILL NOT solve all your worries. But, if you're a poor ******* then go with a clean sweep, If you would like clean, high quality sound....go with the factory enhancement processor like I suggested.