Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Subwoofers for W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofers for W211

I just installed subs on my 03 E500 and I was wondering if people usually take out their stock speaker in the trunk/rear deck lid. Reason is that when I turn up the music there's a crazy rattling in the rear deck area. Anyone know how to get rid of it? It was vibrating when I had my stock speakers, but now that I upgraded to 2 12" subs it's crazy. Help?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:07 PM

magLipVE
possibly the rear deck cover? try turning it up and press down on the cover. i doubt its the sub thats making the noise.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by spinsonic
possibly the rear deck cover? try turning it up and press down on the cover. i doubt its the sub thats making the noise.
I tried that and it still rattles. Dunno what to do...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I have been rremoving the factory sub, and mounting the new woofer enclosure under the opening in a small sealed enclosure. takes up little room, and with a trim panel looks factory... and it pounds (JL Audio woofers)
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E55 K1+ Throttle body
Originally Posted by jbondox
I have been rremoving the factory sub, and mounting the new woofer enclosure under the opening in a small sealed enclosure. takes up little room, and with a trim panel looks factory... and it pounds (JL Audio woofers)
How do you mount the sub? Do you have any pics? I have a 8" W7 that I still have mounted in an enclosure from my M3 convertible. What size JL Audio woofer fits best?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
The sub gets mounted to the baffle of the enclsure, the enclosure is then bolted underneath the rear deck. i have used various JL audio speakers, minus the W7, which would be a bad idea because of the height and weight. W3, W6, W1, W0... I am awaiting the new JL shallow mount... now that will be awesome...

here is a pic similar to this one

http://www.esotericsoundandperforman...view_album.php

hope it helps ya out
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 AM

W211 E55 AMG
What's the impedence?

Originally Posted by ko123an
I just installed subs on my 03 E500 and I was wondering if people usually take out their stock speaker in the trunk/rear deck lid. Reason is that when I turn up the music there's a crazy rattling in the rear deck area. Anyone know how to get rid of it? It was vibrating when I had my stock speakers, but now that I upgraded to 2 12" subs it's crazy. Help?

I was thinking of using a 2 ohm JL sub...what sub did you use? Is it on the OEM HU?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E55 K1+ Throttle body
Originally Posted by jbondox
The sub gets mounted to the baffle of the enclsure, the enclosure is then bolted underneath the rear deck. i have used various JL audio speakers, minus the W7, which would be a bad idea because of the height and weight. W3, W6, W1, W0... I am awaiting the new JL shallow mount... now that will be awesome...

here is a pic similar to this one

http://www.esotericsoundandperforman...view_album.php

hope it helps ya out

Thanks jbondox! That helps a lot. It means I'll save the W7 for another purpose. Too bad though, that is the mightiest sub I've ever had. I've got two 8" W6's also that might fit better though they can't dig near as deep as the one W7.