Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CLK 430 door speaker plate!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 door speaker plate!

So here i am installing my stereo from my last ride and i noticed the door speakers on the clk430 are nokia's made with some angled plastic adapter behind it so the magnet of the speaker would clear the door window when down. tried to take it off with the heat gun but its glued as one with the speaker.

so i made a mold of it!

casting one out of epoxy today, post you guys some pics soon.

how did you guys install speakers in these door?

I'm using focal K2P's so the magnet is a little chuncky.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:52 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
I'm thinking about putting Focal speakers in my CLK too, so please keep us posted of your progress and take plenty of pics.

I was thinking of going all the way with Utopia Be speakers -- if I can find them somewhere at a good price. Any ideas ?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:23 PM

I'm in Toronto, there's a stereo shop here by the name of #1 sound on college st. this guy hooks up the deals compared to other joe's. its basically almost ebay prices but at a store with warranty. depending on the music you listen to the utopia is not any better than the k2p's, just different. the k2p's got a much harder mid bass and can crank harder and longer still clear. the utopia's sound very silky smooth with nice mid focal range for soft listening and detail. I tried both myself.

popped the pc.s out today and trimmed it. now lets see if i can get some time to install them
Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 AM

i couldnt finth this thread so the pics are on a new one posted as door speaker adapter.