Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How do I hook up this Parrot CK3100?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I hook up this Parrot CK3100?

I have a 2007 MB C230, NO NAV, just the 6-disc cd-changer in the glove-box. I am an experienced installer, but I am new to this bluetooth module(Parrot CK3100). Now, I do know the only way to get to wire this module into the fiberoptic system in the c230 is to remove the back seat and tap directly into the Harmon Kardon Amp. The wires I was told to tap into is a Mute Wire (Yellow, or Blue and Black), and the twisted wires are to the front door speakers. Please, ANYONE that KNOWS ANYTHING about integrating this Parrot module into a 2007 MB C230 CONTACT ME VIA PM or Email: Sean@TheBestAudioandVideo.com. Any info is greatly appreciated. I am looking for any ways to wire this into this vehicle whether its plug-and-play, or hard-wire. Thanks again MBWorld Members.

-Sean-
Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
The Parrot device uses a set of wires to tap into the vehicle CANbus. It reads the steering wheel controls to answer the phone. The CAN hi and CAN lo wires are usually connected to the rear of the radio headunit.

Now the bad news. This is for up to 2003 for C class cars. The 2007 uses a MOST fiber optic system to move audio from the head unit to the amp. If you don't have the premium audio system, there is no amp behind the seat. The power amp is inside the dash head unit, and powers the loudspeakers from there. There is no mute wire. There is CAN hi and lo, but that is useless because the Parrot has no way to tap into the audio portion of MOST fiber optic cars. You could use the steering wheel controls to answer the phone, but then hold the phone next to your ear to talk and listen. A bit like getting off the sofa, taking your remote over to the TV to change the channel.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I was looking at your website I don't know how to say it nicely, and i was always told not to say something negative... but I bit my lip for 2 days now and i can't any longer so....please, step away from the Mercedes... you need a thorough understanding of the electronics of the newer vehicles, and also you need someone to show you what properly installed is, or define custom. I know of a few shop owners in your area down there, that might help you. or if you do believe that you know what you're doing on a basic skill level but need more knowledge, then i suggest a few Car audio websites and get some direction or guidance there.

i do not want to discourage you from what you are doing, but ya gotta do better than what you are doing now, maybe practice on a few KIA's

A couple of sites is Carsound http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/index.php

Termpro or DB Drag:

www.termpro.com

or just a few guys having fun with some old school gear

http://phoenixphorum.com/
Old 06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Moviela
The Parrot device uses a set of wires to tap into the vehicle CANbus. It reads the steering wheel controls to answer the phone. The CAN hi and CAN lo wires are usually connected to the rear of the radio headunit.

Now the bad news. This is for up to 2003 for C class cars. The 2007 uses a MOST fiber optic system to move audio from the head unit to the amp. If you don't have the premium audio system, there is no amp behind the seat. The power amp is inside the dash head unit, and powers the loudspeakers from there. There is no mute wire. There is CAN hi and lo, but that is useless because the Parrot has no way to tap into the audio portion of MOST fiber optic cars. You could use the steering wheel controls to answer the phone, but then hold the phone next to your ear to talk and listen. A bit like getting off the sofa, taking your remote over to the TV to change the channel.

There is always a way to do it. Bring it to someone who is a pro and can take a look and tell you exactly what you have. There are four channels in and four channels out of the parrot. This is basic stuff, not really an issue. Speaker leads, mute or amp..