Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Formymercedes.com(Comments/Feedback)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 Mercedes S55 AMG
Formymercedes.com(Comments/Feedback)

Since I'm situated in Chicago, I have the ability to visit the business and check out the Illuminated Door Sills prior to purchase.

Anyone purchase the AMG door sills?

If so, how have they held up?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E320 4MATIC
I haven't, but it's on my list of "To Do" items...let me know what you find/think.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
I have! It took me about 2 1/2 hours to install them..and i did it all without cutting any wire! I was supposed to post a write up but I got too busy. If anyone in New Jersey ends up buying these, and wants a free install so I can write a write-up..send me a PM! If you want to see a picture of the AMG door sills, let me know. Also, Jerry is an excellent guy..I bought an illuminated mercedes sill set for my friend and one sill burnt out 6 months later and he sent me a brand new sill within 2 days! I'd recommend it highly.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
Got 'em... love 'em... but...

Installed a set into my '96 SL 600 a couple years back. Easy install and anyone with even rudimentary skills could install them - they are pretty easy. And I got mine from formymercedes.com.

HOWEVER... after installation, be very careful *not* to get the strips wet - even dampness will short them out. After 2+ years of car washes, rain, etc., both strips have burned out.

I am currently researching a better all-weather illuminating strip. They're called ElectroLuminescent tape, or EL Tape, for short. As I get more research completed, I'll pass it along.

But by all means, put in the illuminated door sills!!! Just keep them dry. You'll be amazed at the cool 'glow' when entering the car at night.