Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

were do i find this at?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Cl 500
were do i find this at?

justr got my CL500 today(03) and i forgot to even check if it had the cd changer cartraige till half way down penn(was to busy drivin to listen lol)

anyone know how or were i can find one, cheaper the better, might buy 2

ALi
Old 08-10-2007, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
bumped

ALi
Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 AM

W209 CLK500, W221 S550
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

and many more

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...2=94539&lsot2=
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500

awww shiiiit, i did a search for "mercedes changer cartraige" and only found one lol

thanks

oh and uhh, whats a avraige price to pay for this, and, will the onese u listed fit my CL?

thanks

ALi
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by goliath27
awww shiiiit, i did a search for "mercedes changer cartraige" and only found one lol

thanks

oh and uhh, whats a avraige price to pay for this, and, will the onese u listed fit my CL?

thanks

ALi
ALi, English may not be your primary language - but you'll have better search results if you spellcheck the search terms first. If your browser doesn't spellcheck, type the terms into a Word document, highlight them, and select spelling in the Word menu. Then, search with the terms properly spelled. It will work better for you.

The writeups on the sites KwlAznKid gave you provide a pretty good indication of whether they will work with your car. Basically, they're an Alpine cartridge. Read the information you were given.

They cost what you are willing to pay for them. From the dealer, about $35 to $45 each depending on your negotiating skills. Much less at an audio store (even the chains like Best Buy) that sells Alpine CD changers (and that has the right one).

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-10-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by Skylaw
ALi, English may not be your primary language - but you'll have better search results if you spellcheck the search terms first. If your browser doesn't spellcheck, type the terms into a Word document, highlight them, and select spelling in the Word menu. Then, search with the terms properly spelled. It will work better for you.

The writeups on the sites KwlAznKid gave you provide a pretty good indication of whether they will work with your car. Basically, they're an Alpine cartridge. Read the information you were given.

They cost what you are willing to pay for them. From the dealer, about $35 to $45 each depending on your negotiating skills. Much less at an audio store (even the chains like Best Buy) that sells Alpine CD changers (and that has the right one).

well if it was all that simple sure, but its not, the sites he just linked were in fact ebay sales and their is no indication that the cd changer for an 03 cl500 will accept any of those. although their was one's for other model vehicals, all i want to say is that i dont wanna buy a S class cartraige if its not gonna fit a CL Class, unless u think i will?

thanks for teh responses people

ALi
Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
now it aint too specific on the site, so dont Yell at me lol, but is this the correct changer magazine for a 03 cl500?

http://www.shipsound.com/product_inf...ucts_id=100520

ALi
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
goliath27,

If "This is a used CD mag from a 2002 Mercedes S500. It will work in almost all Mercedes cars from 1997 to 2006 (except some of the early MLs). It will also work in ... any other car with an Alpine based CD Changer. The MB part number is A 002 820 62 89. What you see is what you will get. Check with your local dealer for proper fitment" as posted in one offering is not adequate because it does not specifically mention your car, try what the seller recommended in the last phrase. Call your dealer and ask what part number you need for a CD changer cartridge for your specific car. My guess is, it will match the one that was being sold (and has now been sold). You can use that part number in the future for other offerings.

And of course, you could have e-mailed the seller of the cartridge through ebay to see if he knew it would fit your particular model. You might have gotten an answer before the auction closed.

Once you get a cartridge that you know fits, you can take it to many audio stores and buy an Alpine cartridge that looks exactly like it - and they will work too.

The cartridge in your last post has even less information posted about it than the one you turned down - which sold for $5, plus $6 shipping. Not exactly a huge gamble.

But you were given links to other offerings. Get the part number, try again.

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-10-2007 at 10:02 PM.