Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

is there a way to permanently download my phonebook?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there a way to permanently download my phonebook?

hi, i am using a benz blue tooth puck with tail with my motorola cell phone. it works great and downloads my phone directory. however when my friend uses the car with her samsung phone, she can make and receive calls but it does not download the phone directory.

my question is when my phonebook is downloaded via bluetooth is there any way to save one or all of the numbers into the car's COMAND phone book? basically i want to permanently download my phone book.

thnx
Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by vims430
hi, i am using a benz blue tooth puck with tail with my motorola cell phone. it works great and downloads my phone directory. however when my friend uses the car with her samsung phone, she can make and receive calls but it does not download the phone directory.

my question is when my phonebook is downloaded via bluetooth is there any way to save one or all of the numbers into the car's COMAND phone book? basically i want to permanently download my phone book.

thnx
As far as I know the answer is no. Even with wired in phones the phonebook is downloaded. This allows you to make changes in it. It also allows other phones to be used with the car; if they're compatible, their phone books wiill download too. Sound like your friend's phone is only partially compatible -- or she's not waiting long enough to have the phonebok downloaded.