Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Display Clock on the Command Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
Display Clock on the Command Screen

Hi

Just collected my 2007 ML280 CDI Sport with Command System. Question that the dealer was not able answer was.. is it possible to show the time in the Command Screen when the car is on? Having the clock in the middle of the dashboard is not really practical. People who are seating in the back seat cannot see the time from there.

Its only a small issue but an irritating one too.

Thanks
Raj
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
It is possible, but may not be practical. Your COMAND manual should tell you how to set time. You could follow the procedure to bring up the time display, and just leave it there. You wouldn't have any other functions on the screen. It would probably not automatically reappear if you switched to another function.

In my '05 one presses the Service button ("SERV") then the "Time" soft key. I don't know if the time will keep changing, or remain stationary, because that's how the time (hour, anyway) is set. You could also go the the format menu for time - time will be displayed at the top of the COMAND screen, with time format choices below.

Your situation may be unique and not permit this, but I would advise my back seat passengers to wear a watch.