Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Speed pulse wire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E-350 4matic
Speed pulse wire

I need to install a speed pulse wire for my Command 2.0. Does anyone know the part number if any? Or is it a basic wire I can buy from radio shack?
I know where to connect it, I just need the actual wire. TIA.... AA....
Old 03-21-2008, 05:55 PM

2001 E430 SPORT
did you ever find the speed pulse wire for your w210?
i am trying to install a new avic n4 and i also need to find the speed pulse wire, color and location. thanks.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by MCC2CUSTOMS
did you ever find the speed pulse wire for your w210?
i am trying to install a new avic n4 and i also need to find the speed pulse wire, color and location. thanks.
.........There is non speed pulse wire. As I understand it, everything is done via CAN-CAN communication. This is why a lot of the aftermarket neat little toys have not made their way into post 2000 MB vehicles. Any system that requires info from the car in order to function properly will have to integrate into MB fiberoptics or have a CANBUs adapter. This is the case with Dension, Monster, etc.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 03-22-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:58 PM

E320 Estate for wafting and M3 SMG for blasting!
I know this is an old thread but I went hunting for one the other day as I didn't want to buy a can bus adapter, well, to be honest my Becker Traffic Pro arrived on Friday and I would have had to wait till the following Wednesday for one to arrive.

If you remove the door sill on the left hand side of the car, and search down there through all the wires there is a green/black cable with a taped up end.

This is your speed pulse wire.

Combine this with 12v switch and illumination from the ciggy lighter and you have everything you need to install a nav system, or even just getting speed dependent volume.