Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Clarification on BT V60 Puck please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Clarification on BT V60 Puck please...

I understand that there has been an upgraded model of the BT devices from MBwireless.

Was the V60 BT Puck upgraded also?

DO you know if they accept returns if it doesn't work with your phone?

I have a SE P900

BTW - They are closed today........

Thanks
Old 09-08-2007, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by LetsJet
I understand that there has been an upgraded model of the BT devices from MBwireless.

Was the V60 BT Puck upgraded also?

DO you know if they accept returns if it doesn't work with your phone?

I have a SE P900

BTW - They are closed today........

Thanks
I'm sure they would not accept a return due to the fact that the BT Puck don't work is a phone that's not on their approved list. bc thats why they post a list of approved phones. If your phone doen't work, they will tell you to buy a new phone from them that is approved. However if the BT Puck is still within their returns policy you can return it for any reason.

also AWS is open on Saturdays. However their hours are 9am to 12pm pst.
(3hrs)

Last edited by bigmel; 09-08-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG
I have an SE m600i. What issues did you have with the puck? I had the headset working, however I had phantom calls, no address book transfer, and lack of most other features. Have you read about any success with any other UIQ phones?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
This just in...

The Workshop MB has posted marvelous information in two pdf files - one dealing with how to successfully pair a number of approved phones with MB Bluetooth equipment, and another listing MB approved phone and firmware combinations (the information for which I always advise "Call AWS" before purchase) as well as compatible pucks and cradles, at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...formation.html. Thanks to The Workshop MB - this is a wonderful reference.

It may not answer the questions above directly, but may provide some suggestions for a successful resolution.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM

That's helpful if you are trying to stay on the approved list. But, I'm going off the "chart" with a Sony Ericsson P900. I understand that someone has one of the BT adapters working with a SE 990 I think.

What we need is not an approved list spreadsheet, but a users info spreadsheet.

So when someone tries out their phone with a specific adapter, it can be added.

I sent an email to AWS asking the same questions when I posted this thread and have received no response.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
The point is, if you want to be assured that the phone and its firmware will integrate, you stick to the list. If the phone you want to use isn't on the list, you take your chances (and may well join the numerous folks wondering why their phone books won't download, or the phone won't always pair, or it "used to work but doesn't any more" - or any of the many other problems reported - see post #329 in the string at https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=142015&page=7 for just one example of what I mean. It's a gent from Australia, but the compatibility problems he lists cover the territory.)

For some insight as to why that is, see http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...e+Quality+RAZR

Mercedes isn't in, and does not want to be in, the phone business. They started getting out of their limited involvement (firmware for certain plug-in Motorola phones that were sold with the MB logo) when Bluetooth offered more flexibility. They have contracted with Peiker Electronics to build Bluetooth pucks and cradles, and partnered with AWS, an independent company, to sell the pucks as well as to sell compatible cell phones. AWS tests the phones and firmware, and if the results are good, "approves" the combination.

There is little incentive for AWS or anyone else to test and approve (or not) the hundreds of cell alternatives (multiplied by multiple firmware versions and carriers) available in the market, and publish a comprehensive list. The result, for folks who just don't want to buy from the approved (i.e., "tested successfully") list is to chance it, or hope someone else has and posted the outcome.

I and others have asked AWS to post their list of "approved" phones and firmware. They haven't, and they have no incentive - it would of course make it easier for folks to buy elsewhere, and AWS would lose their profit. So I am very happy that The Workshop MB has taken the initiative and posted it.

Last edited by Skylaw; 09-14-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Skylaw
............. So I am very happy that The Workshop MB has taken the initiative and posted it.
I didn't know the approved list was such a secret.

None the less, I don't know why MB selected AWS as the source for these. Is the owner an ex MB employee or family member? Customer support is poor, IMO. They still have not answered my email.