Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPhone/v60 Puck/Address Book/Outlook

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL 500
iPhone/v60 Puck/Address Book/Outlook

Hello,

I have the v60 Puck and I have an iPhone.
My Outlook Contacts are synchronized with the iPhone.
I have over 100 Outlook Contacts (400+ actually).
The v60 Puck reads only the first 100 contacts stored in the iPhone.

You would think that the v60 Puck would read the first 100 contacts ordered alphabetically, in other words, iPhone would transfer the first 100 contacts to the v60 Puck alphabetically, but that's not the case. Obviously they're stored on the iPhone in some random order and they're being transferred to the v60 Puck in that order. When the v60 Puck reaches 100 contacts I suppose it stops requesting additional numbers.

I would like to indicate somewhere in Outlook or on the iPhone which 100 contacts should be uploaded to the car.

Does anyone know of any tricks I can use?

Thank you.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
Don't the the specifics with the iphone - however with a Blackberry I setup a catagory named car and set it to transfer only those contacts in that catagory. I would imagine something similar exists for the iphone.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:47 PM

2004 SL 500
Yes, a trick like that is exactly what I'm looking for on the iPhone.

I've tried setting a category, but I don't see anywhere on the iPhone where I could tell it to use that to upload to the car.

Thank you.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:09 PM

2003 SL500
I don't know about the iPhone specifically, but typically the exchange will transfer only the contacts stored on the SIM card (as opposed to those stored withing the phone memory). Most GSM phones have a menu option to copy contacts to/from the SIM (Nokia, in my experience) or reorder them in memory (Sony Ericsson, which appears to map the first memory locations to the SIM automatically).

Not having an iPhone, I can't tell you how/where to find that option, or even whether it exists. Hope that helps at least somewhat.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by ToonArmy
I don't know about the iPhone specifically, but typically the exchange will transfer only the contacts stored on the SIM card (as opposed to those stored withing the phone memory). Most GSM phones have a menu option to copy contacts to/from the SIM (Nokia, in my experience) or reorder them in memory (Sony Ericsson, which appears to map the first memory locations to the SIM automatically).

Not having an iPhone, I can't tell you how/where to find that option, or even whether it exists. Hope that helps at least somewhat.
This may be the typical case but the old MB OEM kit for Nokia phones did read the phone memory, with multiple numbers per name, Nokia car kits like N616 (supporting BT SAP) does read the phone memory including multiple numbers per name entry. I wouldn't call the SIM only stuff a GSM phone feature. Clearly it is an issue with the car kit or car kit/phone compatibility if the phone memory is not supported.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:49 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
not sure what is wrong with my iphone, but the only contacts that sync with the mercedes are the ATT specific service #'s - check your contract minutes/pay your bill/etc....

i even manually added a contact and it didn't sync with the car.

are the ATT specific services on the SIM? how do you change mb to sync with the iphone's contact list rather than the SIM?

anyone else run into this problem? i synced iphone with outlook in windows.

same kind of issue you are facing, only a different flavour....