Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

bout feed up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 55amg
bout feed up

i have a kenwood ddx-7015 dvd and the nav brain kna-5100, is there anyway i can install this in my 2000 clk430 i have been told no cause no one can locate the speed sensor wire, i have installed this unit mysel in a lexus gs400
can anyone out there help me out. it gotta be a way and what is the install gonna run me
Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Almost a Member!

'04 E-320 and a '98 Mustang GT Convertible
ground the speed sensor wire....
done...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 AM

2003 CLK 55amg
So If I Groungd The Speed Sensor Wire Will I Still Get And Accurate Gps Signal, And Also A Guy At My Local Sound Shop (go-ho Audio) That I Will Loss My Voice Command
Old 08-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Almost a Member!

'04 E-320 and a '98 Mustang GT Convertible
Originally Posted by MONEY MIKE
So If I Groungd The Speed Sensor Wire Will I Still Get And Accurate Gps Signal, And Also A Guy At My Local Sound Shop (go-ho Audio) That I Will Loss My Voice Command

Why wouldn't you get an inaccurate GPS signal? everything is done solely off your GPS antenna and reception of satellites... I wouldnt see how grounding the speed sensor wire would effect your Voice Command niether...

GPS accuracy I'm 100% you wont loose a bit grounding it...
Voice Command... not sure... but dont see why it would effect it...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM

2003 CLK 55amg
bout feed up

i have a kenwood ddx7015 and kva-5100 nav MB does not have a wiring harness come on it 2007 no excuse,
can some one help me i cant utilize the voice nav with out the speed sensor wire, theres no harness, this is crazy everybody tell me they dont know i have installed the same unit in a 98 gs400 myself wit no problem but i had to hard wire it does anyone have the wire diagram for the 2000 clk430
can someone give me some insight on where too start
and do i have too change all my door speakers and amps
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Merged for obvious reasons.

P.S.

Your post is very hard to read without proper punctuation.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Your post is very hard to read without proper punctuation.
I second that.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 PM

2003 CLK 55amg
Installing A Kenwood Aftermarket Nav/dvd Double Din Unit

I Have A Couple Of Questions, I Want To Install A Kenwood Double Din Head Unit In My 2000 Clk430(w208)
Is There A Wire Harness Out If So Whats The Name Or Modle #.
I Installed The Same Unit In My Gs400, Can I Install This Myself Or Should I Go To My Local Sound Shop
Whats All The Misc Parts Will I Need, Also Do I Have Too Change My Factory Amp & Speakers

Thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Merged again. No need for another thread on the same topic. Third strike.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM

2003 CLK 55amg
So You Mean Too Tell Me That You Do Not Understand The Thread
Old 09-26-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by MONEY MIKE
So You Mean Too Tell Me That You Do Not Understand The Thread
Mike,

If you are looking for an aftermarket or Mercedes supplied harness to go with your aftermarket unit I'm afraid you are S.O.L. First the double DIN unit will not even fit in your CLK dash without a new dash peice you can find those everywhere i suppose. As far as the electronics, your CLK is D2b Fibreoptic. Your Lexus was and still IS not.

YOu have to use the wires that are on the existing harness and splice in your New radio connector to that harness. Thats the easy more sensible route.

All you have to know in order to do that is which wire does what on both units and put it together.

Yes you will loose steering and voice control and MFD display without some other types of adaptation if it is available but this is the price you pay when you want to hack your benz audio.

Also be advised, Honda, toyota ( lexus ) , and other brands expect you to keep poineer, kenwood, and other manufacturers in business by putting their equpment in their cars. That's why you can find adapters for all of these cars at Wal-mart going back to the 90's.

Mercedes, BMW and other higher end ( mainy german ) cars on the other hand, has continued to take a more proprietary approach to their audio set-ups. THe advanced networking of audio components integrated in their cars makes it a bit more challenging to just throw some headunit from best buy in and call it a day. Because of this I don't think anyone at either company has any interest in supporting the desire for random customers worldwide to modify the factory audio in their cars. So There has never been a real market for non oem adapters for their vehicles and Frankly I think they could care less if there ever was.

Love it or leave it, that's the way it is... It is actually easier to retrofit a single din unit with a built in screen into your car If you are just stuck on going that route, but that's just my .o2.

I'm sure if you search a bit you can find the pinouts of your existing radio and go from there. OR find a local shop who has done it before.

Good Luck...