Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Frustrated -- Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz 2008 C350 sport
Frustrated -- Help Please

Hi

Oredered a C350 recently and not-so-patiently waiting its arrival. For the past three weeks I've been unable to get a straight answer from the dealer to one simple question. "Can the Ipod integration unit offered by MB be installed, and will it work without ordering the multimedia option?". I noticed that MB removed it from the "Build your own" section of their website as an accessory and now you must order the multimedia to get it --- that was not the case a couple of months ago when you could have oredered separately.

I've given up pursuing it which sad since music is a second career for me and is a big part of my daily life --- can anyone help answer to this question.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by MagNet
Hi

Oredered a C350 recently and not-so-patiently waiting its arrival. For the past three weeks I've been unable to get a straight answer from the dealer to one simple question. "Can the Ipod integration unit offered by MB be installed, and will it work without ordering the multimedia option?". I noticed that MB removed it from the "Build your own" section of their website as an accessory and now you must order the multimedia to get it --- that was not the case a couple of months ago when you could have oredered separately.

I've given up pursuing it which sad since music is a second career for me and is a big part of my daily life --- can anyone help answer to this question.

Thanks
You must be talking a bout a sedan, W204 C350? At least there is a retrofit guide for this car and the prerequisites seem to be simple, code 442 Comfort multifunction steering wheel, 523 MB audio 20 or 525 MB audio 50 APS or 530 Comand APS USA or Audio 20 CD USA.

Refer to document AZ82.60-P-0014CW if they still hesitate.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
If your dealer is stumped by Diesel Benz's information, stay after it. DB is often way ahead of the dealers.

If you find you cannot get the MB/Apple OE kit, you might consider the Dension Gateway 500 for MOST bus. Irrespective of the title of the string, I upgraded my opinion of the unit after the installation manual was revised. See https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...88#post2234888

My current installation is below.
Attached Thumbnails Frustrated -- Help Please-dsc_3407.jpg