Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command and Cd Questions (w211)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Command and Cd Questions (w211)

Hey guys,
i just got a couple questions about the command. i wanted to know what the WAP was and how does it work. i tried playing with it and there was a place for me to put a URL in but i dont know where to connected with. do i need to get the phone. and about my cd changer, my uncle and I installed it and everything was fine. it was working alright and then it switched tracks and the sound went crazy. its a scratchey sound and just isnt right. i checked to see if it was my speaker (thats kinda what the sound sounds like blown speaker) but the radio and indash cd player was working fine. no i dont if its the cd changer or the wire or what. i just got the fiberoptic cable from the dealer and i dont know whats wrong any ideas. oh and i took apart the system again and unplugged everything and plugged it back up but it did the same thing. i got the cd changer from mbdoctor too.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:27 AM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
is there anybody that can help me please.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
On your CD changer, I guess the options are the cable with connectors and the changer itself. Did you check the fibre connectors are clean and sit well?

Did you have the MOST setup coded at the dealer? I have not had new equipment added to a MOST based car but it should need a MOST configuration coding by DAS.

WAP is wireless application protocol, a simplified version of WWW browsing, invented for early mobile applications that were not able to support full WWW. You would need a GPRS capable phone. I'm not sure if the WAP access point would need to be programmed on the phone or if that is programmable from your Comand, I assume it is using the default access point on the phone. Should figure out if your carrier supports WAP, they did but I'm not sure if US GSM operators do that still today (don't know about my operator, have been using direct internet access and full www so long). Some operators do not allow direct internet access but only access through their WAP gateways, to control services and charging of course (crippled service). Then you could start "web browsing" from your operator's home page, to be sure the url is allowed and supported.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:20 PM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
[QUOTE=Diesel Benz;2422955]On your CD changer, I guess the options are the cable with connectors and the changer itself. Did you check the fibre connectors are clean and sit well?

Did you have the MOST setup coded at the dealer? I have not had new equipment added to a MOST based car but it should need a MOST configuration coding by DAS.

i dont know what MOST is but no i didnt have it coded. i disconnected the unit but ill check the fibre connectors again though. thanks Diesel Benz
Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 PM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by b_rashed
i dont know what MOST is but no i didnt have it coded. i disconnected the unit but ill check the fibre connectors again though. thanks Diesel Benz
MOST (media oriented system transport) is a multimedia fiber-optic point-to-point network. Benz implemented it in a ring topology, however it can be star or daisy-chain topology. It communicate through the Plastic optical fibers [POF]. The MOST bus specifications define the Physical [Electrical and Optical parameters] Layer as well as the Application Layer, Network Layer, and Medium Access Control. The MOST bus provides an optical solution for automotive media networks such as Comand, CD-changer, nav, integrated cell phone, sat radio
Therefore if you at a new multimedia device to you car, the device must be add to the most ring so it will know that device is available.
just like when you add a USB device to a computer which don't have the drives pre installed. the computer will not communicate with the device even though its physical connected, the computer don't know what to do with it.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Originally Posted by bigmel
MOST (media oriented system transport) is a multimedia fiber-optic point-to-point network. Benz implemented it in a ring topology, however it can be star or daisy-chain topology. It communicate through the Plastic optical fibers [POF]. The MOST bus specifications define the Physical [Electrical and Optical parameters] Layer as well as the Application Layer, Network Layer, and Medium Access Control. The MOST bus provides an optical solution for automotive media networks such as Comand, CD-changer, nav, integrated cell phone, sat radio
Therefore if you at a new multimedia device to you car, the device must be add to the most ring so it will know that device is available.
just like when you add a USB device to a computer which don't have the drives pre installed. the computer will not communicate with the device even though its physical connected, the computer don't know what to do with it.
thank you bigmel that really is what i needed then. i think im going to take it to my buddy that has the STAR diagnostic thing and have him take a look at it. the dealer said they would charge me like 70 bucks for that damn thing and im pretty sure he will do it for cheaper. thanks again guys. oh and what else can he do for the audio system since we are at it. and what exactly do i tell him to do with the cd changer?