Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Rear DVD player, headrest screens, etc. Anyone installed this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
Rear DVD player, headrest screens, etc. Anyone installed this?

My kids (7 + 9) are an unappreciative. I go out of my way to buy a lovely pre-owned Merc *just* for them and all they have to say is "We wanna watch a movie like in mums Pilot".

Has anyone installed a rear DVD system? If so, could you post pics, make/model, approx bottom line cost, please?

I am not interested in a Euro COMAND, as I don't want to see the movie up front and for the kids to have to lean to the middle to see to the small COMAND screen (especially on long journey's when the DVD really pays it's way) wouldn't be great either.

Thanks in advance for any comments / suggestions.
Jim
Old 10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
that's why you get a vehicle with a trunk! toss the little brats in there a few times and they will never complain again...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
If you are talking about the E-class, it is usually around $2400 for an integrated system from Vizualogic, which by far is the best I have seen from any of them, including Benz. And regardless of what anyone tells you.. even them... it can be done.. my neighbor has one and was inquiring about it, and I looked into it for them.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 PM

2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
Originally Posted by jbondox
that's why you get a vehicle with a trunk! toss the little brats in there a few times and they will never complain again...

Maybe I should show them the 3rd seats and say "If you don't pipe down, that's where you'll be going!!"

I'll search the VisualLogic thing.

I appreciate the help!
jim
Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 PM

2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
Originally Posted by jbondox
If you are talking about the E-class, it is usually around $2400 for an integrated system from Vizualogic, which by far is the best I have seen from any of them, including Benz. And regardless of what anyone tells you.. even them... it can be done.. my neighbor has one and was inquiring about it, and I looked into it for them.
The Visualogic players I have found all say they are only for 2005> Is this what you were referring to about "them" saying it can't be done? Was your neighbours car a 2004 or earlier?
Thanks, jim
Old 10-29-2007, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
yep it was the same as yours.

i will see what i can do for ya on a p/n
Old 10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
ON PROBATION

If Jbondox is sure of the fit your part number is MFG Part# 709-79093-L687 as long as you have power headrest. The fit and finish of the Vizualogic product is great. We prefer to use these over the others as well.