Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

No Sound Through Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 12:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 C320 S.E., 02 BMW 330XI, 00 4Runner
No Sound Through Speakers

This is the latest on my little problem. I stopped by Mercedes today, to see if I could schedule an appointment to have this problem taken care of, and they informed me that it would be three weeks out to schedule an appointment. Its driving me nuts not having an radio, and I'm gettting ready to go on a long trip.

I did manage to speak with the head technician in the shop, and he told me to check the amp in the back, to see if everything was plugged in correctly, unplug everything and then plug it back in. I did this, but with no result.

What could else could be causing the radio to turn on, but none of the speakers are getting any sound out of them. Should I take the radio out, to see if there is a loose connection in the back. What would happen if an fiber optic wire was crimped? I noticed in an installation instructions that it warned against this. Would this give me symptons such as what I'm experiencing?

Any great ideas I could explore.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 11-05-2002, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
It might just be the AMP itself. I complained about my speaker(s) fading a little (usually when i have it turned all the way up), and so, they said "It might be the AMP... We'll get you a new AMP"

And thats what they did... Although, the problem still persists. It basically fades out (reduces maybe by 5-10 decibels) and then resumes the set volume. Its not a huge hassle, but its noticeable.

I think I'm going to have them swap out the headunit next to see if they can solve the problem.

I suggest, if you can get access, play around with the cables behind the headunit. Or, if you can bare the silence, wait for your appointment.

Or, try going to a different dealer. A 3 week wait is pretty extreme.