Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes IR receiver location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
Mercedes IR receiver location?

I have a 99 CLK430 and tonight it did not get the digital handshake to start the car and release the ignition lock (nor will it unlock the doors). I verified the FOB is working, the receiver is NOT.

Does anyone know the location of the factory IR receiver brain?

Please and thank you
Old 11-22-2007, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by The Jury
I have a 99 CLK430 and tonight it did not get the digital handshake to start the car and release the ignition lock (nor will it unlock the doors). I verified the FOB is working, the receiver is NOT.

Please and thank you
What do you actually mean by verifying the FOB is working? Did you check it sends the IR signal or what? You can open the doors with RF even if the IR would not work.

Anyway, driver authorisation IR signalling occurs between the key and the IR receiver at the key slot. EIS along with other elements would make DAS and once the authorisation system accepts the key, it allows it to turn in the slot.

Perhaps some posts on EIS could provide more info.

Last edited by Diesel Benz; 11-22-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:08 AM
XJ9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by The Jury

Please and thank you
The IR portion of the FOB is seperate from the keyless entry transmitter. one can work while the other wont....

To answer your question, the EIS (key cylinder is the actual receiver for the IR signal. It is then transmitted to the ECU to verify the code.