Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

puck with tail mated to a C class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 AMG
puck with tail mated to a C class

I have an '03 C32 and want my iphone to utilize the cars phone system. I've read every thread I can find but they never seem to get the info I need. I know there is a receptacle in the arm rest storage but what do I need to buy from there? Will the puck with a tail work or do I need to get a cradle and a v60 bt puck? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
What you need depends on what you have already installed in your car. The thread at https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188818, together with following the links in the string, covers the territory. Posts 1,2, and 6 cover your situation. If your car had a phone, it was probably a V60 with an Autosense PSE. Look at the phone bulletin for your car as the links tell you, so you can identify just what you have already. Once you know what you have, follow the link to the AWS site to tell you what you still need.

It's not that hard.

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-25-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Skylaw
What you need depends on what you have already installed in your car. The thread at https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188818, together with following the links in the string, covers the territory. Posts 1,2, and 6 cover your situation. If your car had a phone, it was probably a V60 with an Autosense PSE. Look at the phone bulletin for your car as the links tell you, so you can identify just what you have already. Once you know what you have, follow the link to the AWS site to tell you what you still need.

It's not that hard.
I know what I have and I stated that in my question. I have a receptacle in the arm rest and that is it. Where do I go from there?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by ryan b
I know what I have and I stated that in my question. I have a receptacle in the arm rest and that is it. Where do I go from there?
It is impossible to tell from your first post whether you have a standard phone system or something that was modified by you or a prior owner. In any case, the last sentence of my response was the answer to your question.

Also, it is impossible to tell from your question whether you want the iPhone to play mp3 through your phone system, whatever it is. It won't. You need more.

Ask better questions, get better answers.