Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Speakers/Sub cutting out - troubleshoot me please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Speakers/Sub cutting out - troubleshoot me please!

Ok,

My daily driver is a 2002 Honda Civic EX coupe. I recently put a pioneer deck in (bought off the board) and a sub in the back (powered by a pioneer amp that only runs the sub).

About a month ago the I noticed the sub cutting in and out. I took it to the place that installed it and they "thought" that my amp was busted. I didn't feel like fixing it right away so I just disconnected the sub/amp.

I notice this week that both my rear speakers were going in and out, and are currently just "out".

I find it highly doubtful that it is the speaker wires for all 3 speakers, so I think the only constant in the problem equation would be the deck.

Right?

Second question is if I do change the deck, should the pioneer-honda harness work on any other DEH-series deck?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
I see that you are an MB owner and a forum member; and this is far from your first post. I am aware, as you probably are, that some of the forum contributors here have broad installation/troubleshooting experience. However, I would expect the number of folks who would look at a post dealing with Honda on a Mercedes forum might tend to skip over it as an error.

I don't mean to suggest that you should not have posted the question here - but seeing no response, but I hope you posted this on a Honda board or a general automotive audio/electronics board as well.