Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2003 AMG CLK55 Bose questions (noob to MB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Researching friends 03 AMG CLK 55. I own 2000 Explorer and 1998 Jetta, both with nice custom audio
2003 AMG CLK55 Bose questions (noob to MB)

Hello MB'ers!

I have a good friend with the above mentioned car. I have searched the internet and several forums in order to learn more about his Blose system. I know nothing about MB's. Can someone tell me if this is a Blose system like you find in some American cars where each speaker has its own little amp on it or if there is an amp somewhere in the car. My Explorer was like that and we had to gut everything to really improve the audio.

There are two things we need to fix. 1) A blown center channel. 2) Add More bass. We plan to sink a nice 10 in the side "hole" in the trunk on the drivers side. This will be glassed in. Anyone here tried that? Pics?

With the center channel will we have to go with OEM or are the 4ohm speakers? For that matter, what about all the other speakers and the chinsy sub on the rear deck. What is the impedance of these speakers? Will we be able to tap into this system to pull signal for a sub?

If anyone can point to a source of info or is willing to break this system down for me in a much detail as possible.

Most likely will be using an Arc Audio 2100 and Image Dynamics IDQ 10 or an Elemental Designs 10Ov.1 sub. Would love to cram this lonely IDMAX 10 I have sitting on the shelf but space looks to be an issue.

Thanks so much. You folks have a great forum here. I am really impressed with this car.....despite its depreciation and bad Audio/Nav system.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Researching friends 03 AMG CLK 55. I own 2000 Explorer and 1998 Jetta, both with nice custom audio
2003 AMG CLK55 audio questions

Guess I didnt pose my questions clearly.

Anyone have any idea about if the speakers are 4 ohm or not? Any good ideas on where to snag the signal for a sub and amp? Where is the amp?

Lastly, what to do about the center channel? Since its blown and producing zero noise, we could just leave it out. I have heard and done myself plenty of 4.1 car systems that had a great balanced front stage.

Any feedback? Any thoughts about my questions? Anyone???