Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Play Home Burned Music CDs?(CDA Format)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Play Home Burned Music CDs?(CDA Format)

2001 E320 W210.
Audio 10 "in-dash" CD player.
I know the subject has been looked at before.
Hoping for an update.
I am hoping that someone has "Cracked" the MB CD player.
Has anyone found a way for "Backup" CD's to play in the Audio 10?
Some of my home burned CDs play but it always misses the first few seconds of the first track.
I am looking for the settings for the Burning program or other ripping/burning tricks that will allow Burned CDs to play.
Perhaps a particular Burner?
Thanks,
Joe
Old 01-01-2008, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I don't have an Audio 10 unit any more but I remember it was very picky for very good CD media. I don't see how it could be anything else if you make a direct audio CD copy (never say never though).
Old 01-01-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport, 1995 SL320
try setting the computers cd burner to burn at a slower speed (4-16x versus something like 32-48x that alot of burners do these days)

now heres the boring theory behind it...

when actual CD's are made from the factory (store purchased ones) the disc film layer is actually stamped with pits and groves that the laser picks up and reads as either music or data...

with back up or "burned discs" the cd burner literally burns the CD film layer. these burned areas turn darker, and emulate the pits and grooves in an actual store bought CD. the faster you burn a cd, the less dark the areas become...

newer cd lasers are alot more sensitive and precise, and play these burned cds with no problems.... older car stereos however can run into some problems... long story short the error buffer gets filled up and the dics skips tracks (or in you case the first few seconds of one.)

try it out and let us know what happens
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You always were able to play them, redbook is an open spec I think.

Just make sure you burn to HIGH quality media (just check newegg.com) and burn at the slowest setting your burner will allow.

I've never had an issue of my burned cds not playing. I honestly think that's a myth perpetuated by manufacturers who can't admit their equipment has faults.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Actually the Audio10 was older technology. There are numerous reports on German Forums in regards to playing or not burned disks correctly. But it was hit or miss.