Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

help with gateway 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb cl 500
help with gateway 500

Hi friends, My name is Pablo and I am from Spain, I've many problems to install gateway 500 in my mercedes benz cl500 from 2002 with command 2.5 from bosch, My navi never recognize dension( I try many times in two positions of commutator) and Ipod only conects to dension ( for 3 seconds) when I reset unit, I make installation with pin 10 of command to wakeup and the rest things installed in car (phone, command, cd...) conected to fiber works good.

Its possible that problem is that my car has most fiber instead d2b?

Maybe possible that I've the problem with blue cable where must I conect it? I think my instalation doesnt need it?

Any idea I already upgraded to 2.05?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Pablo,

Your car definitely has a D2B fiber optics system, not MOST.

Because the other equipment on your fiber optics loop continue to operate, the problem is probably not a fiber optic connection.

The failure of your COMAND to recognize the unit may be related either to the wake-up signal wire (purple) or the ignition wire (blue). The installation instructions indicate the blue ignition wire is usually connected; it is not used for only for specified models (W220, W163, M-Class, W208-210, (possibly) all CLK, and certain E-Classes) - however, the notation "1997 CLK-" is confusing at best, if it is meant to indicate "all CLK."

Pin 10, which you used, is used for wakeup in most of the installations; one W220 installation uses Pin 7.

Your description sounds as if you have installed the unit correctly, if I interpret the instructions properly. But that is a big "IF."

You should probably check that you have a good contact - that is, the connectors to the COMAND unit are firmly seated, and also that your AUX, iPod input wires, and USB so forth are still firmly connected to the Gateway 500.

Other than that, I suggest you notify Dension of this problem and request assistance. Their "1997 CLK-" designation is confusing at best, and perhaps the blue ignition wire is required for your '02.

Good luck.

Last edited by Skylaw; 01-09-2008 at 07:29 AM.