Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Fuse mounting bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Question Fuse mounting bracket

Hi everyone. I was installing XM radio in my car and wanted to attach it to an unused fuse in the fule panel. I need unswitched power, and there are several unused "ports" in the panel that have what i need. the problem is that these unused ports on the fuse panel do not have the plastic housing for the fuse. I'm not sure if I am explaining this very well... but they are different colors.

I asked about buying them at the dealership, and they looked at me like i was crazy. Does anyone know where I can these these fuse housings?

Thanks in advanced.

Russ
Old 01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
I would tread lightly on tapping into the fuse panel. MB cars are pretty sophisticated electronically and a lot of things are interconnected.

Why not just pull power from the cigar lighter? Yes, it's switched but that protects you from running the battery down and getting stranded. For unswitched you can run power from the charging posts under the hood or from the battery.

Also, there would be both on the connector at the back of the factory radio.

Last edited by RichardM98; 01-16-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:46 AM
XJ9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by russdog
Hi everyone. I was installing XM radio in my car and wanted to attach it to an unused fuse in the fule panel. I need unswitched power, and there are several unused "ports" in the panel that have what i need. the problem is that these unused ports on the fuse panel do not have the plastic housing for the fuse. I'm not sure if I am explaining this very well... but they are different colors.

I asked about buying them at the dealership, and they looked at me like i was crazy. Does anyone know where I can these these fuse housings?

Thanks in advanced.

Russ
I know exactly what part you are talking about ( I had to order them before) and I have the part number at work. You need the plastic fuse holder and the terminal that goes into them. both have to come from germany so get ready for a bit of a wait...